Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Angus Clan

Our dilemma!

Guest The Angus Clan

Well , all the information is in and we are waiting patiently for our 475. Now the dilemma- OH is on the verge of being offered a job ....................in Sydney........with his current employer! What should we do? Is an employer sponsored visa better than a 475? Is it worth taking a gamble , just to get there? He would keep all his benefits and pension - downside is we might be living in a cardboard box!!! :unsurexmas:

Adelaide is so much more affordable, but OH's job isn't on THAT LIST( though we do have SA gov sponsorship ). Getting a job won't be easy for him in Adelaide , but it won't be impossible either. And above all else , I know I will have some friendly faces in Adelaide, thanks to this wonderful site - Sydney seems so anonymous at the moment.

I'm off to down another glass of wine to see if it makes things any clearer!!!

And before I go , would just like to say a very Merry Xmas to all at PIA and best wishes for 2009! :emoticon-signxmas:

Marcia

Guest happy feet

Can't offer you any advice sorry, but just wanted to wish you good luck what ever you decide to do, and also wish tou a happy xmas and new year

cara xxx

Guest The Angus Clan

Thanks Cara - don't think there is an easy answer to this one and the wine isn't helping either! (probably because it's French and not Australian!).

Have a lovely Xmas and all the very best for 2009!

Marcia x

The employer sponsored visas can tie you down to only working for the employer that has sponsored you - would be worthwhile checking that out first. Also bear in mind that Sydney isn't exactly the best place to be moving to at present - pretty much the most expensive place to live, on the planet, and losing residents at the rate of 60 per day...

If the employer offers to pay for relocation and your OH is only tied down for a few years, AND CAN THEN MOVE ON FREELY (whilst retaining residency status) then definitely give it a whirl.

Justin.