suzer

7th January Expats in Adelaide meet up

Join us for the 6th monthly meet up of the Expats in Adelaide group on Wednesday the 7th of January at The Griffin's Head at Grenfell Street & Hindmarsh Square:

http://www.griffinshead.com.au/

There will be an area reserved for us, downstairs in the front restaurant area.

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Hi Suzer,

Me and Carrie are pretty new to this forum however we had arrived in Adelaide on Dec 3rd.

Carrie is a nurse here and for myself well I am a fully fledged job seeker, we're both on 457 visa with the hope we can go PR shortly! Got a few leads for jobs but fingers are crossed to see if anything fruitful comes of them.

Anyhow, we were both interested to maybe coming to this little get together but am somewhat mused by the lack of replies to your thread. Are these get togethers popular?

We're just looking to make some new friends and hopefully get settled in to aussie way of life as soon as poss. It can be lonely sometimes even when you're in a couple! :(

Cheers!:)

Hi you two. Rest assured we have a good turnout. Click on the link in my sig to see the Facebook group. There are about 135 members at the moment and last month we had 30+ come out. It's a good way to get to meet people from diverse backgrounds etc. We do get a few peeps from this forum come out, but it's people from all over the world. Would be nice to meet you so feel free to come!

Guest Jamie&Carrie
    Hey,

We will be coming to this meet!!!

Dan and Steph

Hi Dan,

Me and Carrie will be there to. Looking forward to meeting you, your missus and the others.

:jiggy:

Guest mancs in oz
    Join us for the 6th monthly meet up of the Expats in Adelaide group on Wednesday the 7th of January at The Griffin's Head at Grenfell Street & Hindmarsh Square:

http://www.griffinshead.com.au/

There will be an area reserved for us, downstairs in the front restaurant area.

Hi Suzer,

We were thinking of coming along to the meet up on wednesday the 7th Jan at the griffin's head, we were wondering what time is the meet up afternoon or evening? only i am working all day wednesday until 5.30pm, is that to late or can we call in around 6.00/6.30pm?:)

You can definitely come! It doesn't 'officially' begin until about 6pm but I usually get there a bit early as I get off work at 5pm so I'll be there around 5,30pm.

Guest mancs in oz

Cheers Suzy, thanks for your quick reply, hope to see you there

Hey thanks to those of you who showed up last night and I hope you had a good time. Nice to see some new, and old, faces:) Next one should be 4th Feb.

Suz

Guest Jamie&Carrie
    Hey thanks to those of you who showed up last night and I hope you had a good time. Nice to see some new, and old, faces:) Next one should be 4th Feb.

Suz

Was great to finally meet some of you. Hope to meet a few others next time to.

Suze, is great you take the time to do this for us newbies to Aussie so thank you very much!

:notworthy:

Carrie&Jamie

We'll be at the next one i think!

I'm glad you had a good time and thanks...I'm still a newbie as well, so it's a self-serving effort on my part too:)

Bugger---would you believe we had someone sitting in one of the other rooms of the pub for 3 hours who didn't find us:/ I also think I missed saying hi to one woman who I saw in the corner for a while by you guys...any ideas who that was. I was trying to get around to say hi to everyone:(

Guest Vicks&Stu

Have only just seen this thread - will defo be there for the next one!

Vicks&Stu