Beds and Matresses watch out

Guest Chelseadownunder

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Guys,

There is some American guy advertising in the paper Beds $ 399. Beware. Very, very few beds are in there for $399. He is on Port Road Beverley. Its a really odd set up and we got caught out. He got very nasty after we complained to the point he got right in my face and my wifes face. I have never come accross retailers acting this way, well only on Morocan Market stalls.

We felt very threatened and unfortunately because we are not up on our rights as consumers we didnt know how to deal with the situation.

Id be interested to hear of anyone else who experienced him. I would like to compalin to someone but dont know who to go to. (Theres more to the story)

Scott UK

You could start here - http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/751635 - I see it has a section on how to complain.

Customer Service here seems to have a long way to go in a lot of ways - went to a bar on Gouger Street the other afternoon after work christmas lunch and the owner/manager was the rudist, most oafish individual I have ever in my life come across.

Bear in mind that Adelaide is a very small town though so the best way you can pay back service like you seem to have been given is to let as many people as possible know about it - word gets around and people can vote with their feet/wallets!

OK, as a serial complainer; expert nark and all round consumer twerp.............................

Firstly, always check exactly WHAT you get for your dollar; tell the retailer what you expect to get; and the buggers will bend backwards for the custom. Most places will offer some incentive to buy from them...............poor fools.

Second; read any small print if buying on credit; wily dealers will have the shirt off your back.......

third; shop around; tell dealers you will look elsewhere if they wont comply with your (reasonable) expectations, and you have to be reasonable, you wont get owt for nowt!!!!!

Rude service??? Speak to the manager; failing that, get the head office details..............and ask for the floor persons name...............the buggers are really not happy if you make a complaint, and the manager will magically appear; even tho' he wasnt in 5 mins ago............

Worried about being called a whinging POM?.........Stuff it, adopt an AMERICAN accent if it helps. ~If you want good service..............the yanks lead the field, God Bless Em.

DO NOT GET EMBARRASSED! Wily salesmen can spot a victim at 50 paces; and the twiddling, fumbling Brits show is a dead giveaway.

Rant over..................................

Fed up being taken for a mug; and skint having got here...........................

Guest Kazzarazza

Worried about being called a whinging POM?.........Stuff it, adopt an AMERICAN accent if it helps. ~If you want good service..............the yanks lead the field, God Bless Em.

That's funny - the original post said it was an American man he had the problem with, in the opening line. Guess it just goes to prove that you can't generalise and you're always going to find good and bad no matter where people come from.

To the original poster - contact Consumer and Business Affairs Office in Adelaide as I'm sure they will investigate your complaint.

You could start here - http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/751635 - I see it has a section on how to complain.

Customer Service here seems to have a long way to go in a lot of ways - went to a bar on Gouger Street the other afternoon after work christmas lunch and the owner/manager was the rudist, most oafish individual I have ever in my life come across.

Bear in mind that Adelaide is a very small town though so the best way you can pay back service like you seem to have been given is to let as many people as possible know about it - word gets around and people can vote with their feet/wallets!

Diane how can you say customer service has a long way to go, I have just come back from the UK and the customer service is way worse than here and as far as rudness goes the Uk wins it hands down, I know were bad but not that bad, I can see why britts want to come here no Polish LOL

LOL Ok Sorry Marty, but it was over four years ago I left the UK and I think the Polish invasion has happened maybe since that time! There are such big contrasts here between excellent service, such as that given by the checkout staff at supermarkets - don't think I'd remember to pack my OWN bag back in the UK now! - and some really, really bad stuff at some shops and offices. Guess it's the same the worldover really.....