Guest sjs

Shark Attack in Perth

Guest sjs

you will probably have saw on the news there appears to have been a man taken by a great white in perth. according to reports this appears to have happened in very shallow waters there ?

very sad for the family involved

sjs

Guest graandjac

:winkxmas:Nothing to worry about , and in the paper today there has been 30 odd sightings in the Southern Adelaide region (Sellicks to Brighton) in the past month which is higher than the whole of last year put together. We still swim in the sea about 3 times a week. It all adds to the fun:tonguexmas:

Guest Django
    there has been 30 odd sightings in the Southern Adelaide region (Sellicks to Brighton) in the past month which is higher than the whole of last year put together.

Have you been sitting on the cliffs looking out to sea again Graham?:jimlad:

Pete

Guest massive

In the last week we have been to Henleys beach 4 times and each time the helicopter has been out and the water cleared by the life guards they said it was a 20 footer and that its been looming for a while .

On one occasion there were two other pia members who can confirm this in fact today it was by the end of the jetty .

Guest graandjac

cheers pete:tonguexmas:but the spottings were not great white's or white pointers as they call them here, they were bronze whalers..........kittens by all accounts:laughxmas:

Guest Guest75

When we were out on Boxing Day there were a couple of sighting over the VHF radio.

Bronze Whalers so no too bad,apparently one gave a tinnie a "Tickle" though.

I kept my eyes peeled don't you worry.:eekxmas:

Guest Martin and Val

Went to dinner yesterday with a cousin who told us that last week they were about to dive in off their boat for a cooling swim when they spotted an 8 foot Hammer head near to their boat. This was somewhere around Marion Bay and Stenhouse Bay which is across the water and right down near what we call the big toe of the foot so it was along way off from here at least......:eekxmas:

Guest sjs
    Won't stop me going in the water.....

Kris

no me neither though i do only paddle in the shallows !

statistics for car crashes worse, news channels sensationalising the stories etc etc - i know - we all know the dangers and make those decisions for ourselves

but none the less a sad sad time for those involved

sjs

Guest guest569

And what about the kyakers ( ?sp ?) over in sydney !!!! That must have been scary !!!!:wideeyed: