Guest Lulujim

Shall we take our BBQ??

Guest Lulujim

I know this is quite like taking coals to Newcastle :biglaugh: but we have a fairly new BBQ here and wonder whether we should bring it in our container to Adelaide?

Our main concern is that it would need a good clean - and obviously it couldn't be spotless.... so are we likely to be charged?

Any advice welcomed - thank you!

Alexis

Guest graandjac

:nah:I woulden't bother , we too had a newish gas BBQ in the yuk, but there are loads to choose from here and you will need at least a 6 burner:goofy: .

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi, well have you seen the size of them ? Its not how big your car is , its how big is your barbie ?. I will definatley be leaving our little one . To your question i suppose its if you got room in your container?, My mrs sent me out to buy a xmas tree, big mistake! came back with a 9 foot one and spent £200 on decorations now need a full size container , bloody expensive tree "opps" nevermind it was good to see my sister-inlaw's face she always has a great xmas tree, but not this year lol Paul

:nah:I woulden't bother , we too had a newish gas BBQ in the yuk, but there are loads to choose from here and you will need at least a 6 burner:goofy: .

Oooh look at you and your 6 burner.................but your bbq here they are very well priced.

Guest Martin and Val
    I know this is quite like taking coals to Newcastle :biglaugh:

Any advice welcomed - thank you!

Alexis

We brought ours with us without any problems. Got it back Christmas week along with everything else and then went out and bought a new one!:err:

Personally I wouldn't bother bringing it unless you are very happy with it and don't want a replacement.

As everybody has said they are very reasonable in price and big enough to feed an army from! 36_1_72.gif

Martin

Guest TC for short

I brought my B&Q charcoal barbeque partly because I had room & partly because it's big, fairly new, & even if I buy a gas one over here for the convenience (which won't be yet because our landlords have left us theirs to use) I prefer to cook on coals.

Guest Lulujim

Thanks so much for all your help. Will have a look at the condition it's in as it's a good one - but if it's going to need much cleaning and then prob will get charged at customs, think we'll try and sell it before we go.

Hopefully this time next year we'll be having a barbie instead of stuck indoors anyway! :jiggy:

Guest Martin and Val
    Hopefully this time next year we'll be having a barbie instead of stuck indoors anyway! :jiggy:

Nothing to stop you having one tonight! Go on get practicing so when you arrive you will be real dab hands at it!

We've just had one and it wasn't cold out!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Happy New Year

Martin

Hi,we arrived september 5 with nowt,awaiting our goods to arrive,they have just arrived last week,and we honestly did not need 90 per cent of it as we bought as we needed before it arrived.We found that it is not expensive here,if you look around.So if i were you i would think long and hard just what you can do without untill your stuff arrives.It costs a lot to bring out things that you can just as easily buy quite cheaply here in Adelaide.Our problem now is that we need to offload some of our so called necessities that we shipped out!All the best,Billy.