Crash course (pardon the pun) in driving?

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hiya,

Our michael is 17 and has never had any driving lessons. I'm looking to put him through an intensive course that would get him a licence in a few weeks...(if that's possible). Does anyone know of such a thing?

All apprenticeship jobs we've seen for him say he needs his own transport and ability to drive.

We still haven't changed over our own licences ..plan to do that today..along with the trillion other things we have to do..lol..never a dull moment eh. Does anyone know where you go to do the DL thing?...gosh I'm a lazy sod ..I'm sure that info. came in the SA pack I got with my meet and greet guy.

TTFN

Carol Ann

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hiya,

Our michael is 17 and has never had any driving lessons. I'm looking to put him through an intensive course that would get him a licence in a few weeks...(if that's possible). Does anyone know of such a thing?

All apprenticeship jobs we've seen for him say he needs his own transport and ability to drive.

We still haven't changed over our own licences ..plan to do that today..along with the trillion other things we have to do..lol..never a dull moment eh. Does anyone know where you go to do the DL thing?...gosh I'm a lazy sod ..I'm sure that info. came in the SA pack I got with my meet and greet guy.

TTFN

Carol Ann

I guess your son has never driven and not got a provisional uk licence.

Once you get your L's here you maust complete 50 hrs of driving with a driver with over 2 yrs expirience and then get an instructor to take you for lessons where he ticks off the items that are neede for him to take the final test.( although it is not a test as such) there is another way to doit involving a VORT whaich I dont know much about as my 2 did it the easier way. Eother way you must have held your L's for 6 months even if you complete the hours and the test in less time. Then he can get them swapped for his P's which means he can drive by himself. I know a great driving instructor, pm me for details if you like. Hope that made some sence to you:wacko:

sarah

Guest rockpool crab
I guess your son has never driven and not got a provisional uk licence.

Once you get your L's here you maust complete 50 hrs of driving with a driver with over 2 yrs expirience and then get an instructor to take you for lessons where he ticks off the items that are neede for him to take the final test.( although it is not a test as such) there is another way to doit involving a VORT whaich I dont know much about as my 2 did it the easier way. Eother way you must have held your L's for 6 months even if you complete the hours and the test in less time. Then he can get them swapped for his P's which means he can drive by himself. I know a great driving instructor, pm me for details if you like. Hope that made some sence to you:wacko:

sarah

Hi there,

That was really useful stuff. We didn't bother getting his prov. in UK as we were coming here. So you're saying the quickest he can do this is 6 months. I guess we'll start taking him out for some lessons ourselves then...and start racking up the 50 hours.

I'll PM you for the name of the instructor :-)

Cheers for the info.

Carol Ann

Guest Guest75

Sarah knows the rill.

I'm sure the driving instructor she will be recommending is Daryl Graham (or Spider on another forum).

Grand Prix Driving Academy

0421 185 061

8681 9880

A great bloke,a very warm hearted Geordie.

He taught Little Tyke and got her passed with one of the highest marks on record in this state:cute::cute:

i learnt with daryl too and hes a great bloke, very friendly and makes u feel completly at ease, after 2 lessons i felt like id known him for years :jiggy:Id held my provisional in the uk for 10 years and had had some lessons but never gotten round to taking my test, something always happened that stopped my lessons and so when we arrived here with such open spaces i really wanted to finally do it, and with daryls great patience i did, have been driving now for a few months and its like moving to oz i wish i had done it years ago, i love being able to get about now when i want instead of having to plan everything like a military operation to get anywhere.

Dawn x

i learnt with daryl too and hes a great bloke, very friendly and makes u feel completly at ease, after 2 lessons i felt like id known him for years :jiggy:Id held my provisional in the uk for 10 years and had had some lessons but never gotten round to taking my test, something always happened that stopped my lessons and so when we arrived here with such open spaces i really wanted to finally do it, and with daryls great patience i did, have been driving now for a few months and its like moving to oz i wish i had done it years ago, i love being able to get about now when i want instead of having to plan everything like a military operation to get anywhere.

Dawn x

hi dawn yes it its defo like a military op getting anywhere without a car and with 4 kids too!:wacko: thanks for your advice with give him a ring in the new year

suexxx

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Sarah knows the rill.

I'm sure the driving instructor she will be recommending is Daryl Graham (or Spider on another forum).

Grand Prix Driving Academy

0421 185 061

8681 9880

A great bloke,a very warm hearted Geordie.

He taught Little Tyke and got her passed with one of the highest marks on record in this state:cute::cute:

Thats the one Tyke, we all drive in the family now and he wondered if he he could teach Doris the cat.................he recons he can!!!