Moosh

Christmas Sea Mail Parcels

Anyones not arrive? We sent ours a few days before the deadline date but they never arrived at their destination in time for Christmas.

We're not doing this again. It's the second year this has happened. They do get there eventually but in January. :sad:

Guest the4hopes

Havent sent one, but we are waiting for a parcel from the UK by airmail, sent 23rd Nov not sure if we should have it by now?

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Mine didnt arrive either Michelle, i was wondering if it was just mine! Next year i will send in august!:unsure:

The one you are waiting for from the uk wont be here for a whilee the last posting sea mail date to the UK was the end of september! So it will probably be the same the other way

sarah

Guest Nick11

I posted my xmas pressies back to the uk one week before xmas - daft I know! They got there 3 days before xmas! Astonished and v. relieved.

Guest Fancy a Beer

I sent my christmas cards to UK week before Christmas thinking better late than never, and they all got there before the big day!! Luck of the draw!!

Last year we had 2 presents turn up in March, but I guess they had come by boat as postage wasnt enough??

I think the post is as bad from the UK to Oz. I sent three calenders to Adelaide, Melbourne and Hobart towards the end of November. I thought it was air mail but they took a month to get there and turned up just before Christmas - well, two of them did for sure, I'm not certain about the Hobart one yet. Like you say, luck of the draw.

Wendy

Card sent Adelaide to UK - posted 31 Dec, arrived 3 Jan (Wed to Sat)

Parcel sent Sydney to Adelaide - posted 30 Dec, arrived 6 Jan (Tues to Tues)

Doesn't make sense at all.

I'm talking about Sea Mail not normal air freight. Just a warning for anyone looking to post parcels in September - get them out in August!

I had the same thing happen a few years ago with seamail and was told this .......... the last posting date published is the day for last posting from Sydney, so from Adelaide you should post a few days before that to enable your parcels to get to Sydney as that is where 99% of seamail is despatched from.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    The Sea Mail Parcels arrived this morning! Took 4 months!
    Well so did mine!!!

I told Mum to save the cards for next year!:biglaugh: Saves me a job!