Guest the4hopes

hijk001- Don't think they should be on here!

Guest guest569

I originaly found them anoying . Now i just ignore them as they are as usefull as all the posters on adbrits !!!:P

Hi Guys,

All deleted along with a few of the other spammers! Bit of an issue at the moment with forums as the automated spammers are getting cleverer at breaking the antispam controls. If you se one just press the report button and the mods or me will deal with it!

Tim

Guest Libby1971

I missed this thread but yesterday I did receive an email so I thought I had found all their posts and deleted them. I'll have another look, and sort it out as best I can. In the meantime, please report it AGAIN, and I will deal as promptly as possible.

Thanks for bringing this to mod attention.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Why and how do they get through, as boring as Adbrits is at the moment, they never seem to get on there!

The report button is here:- report.gif

They get through because the spammers have developed some powerful ways to break the anti spam measures. These were safe until a few months ago when it was announced that these were being broken regularly i.e. the image when signing up is supposed to only be recognisable for humans only.. not any more. Its not just the forum software thats affected, webmail services such as google mail, aol, hotmail and a hundred other applications that adopt the same measure to try and defeat automated account creations have all suffered the same issue recently.

Anyway i will see what I can do in the meantime.

Tim

Hello,

Instead of using an image with letters, I changed the registration human verification to questions and answers. I am hoping this may well work better.

Tim

Guest Nick11
    Why and how do they get through, as boring as Adbrits is at the moment, they never seem to get on there!

;);)

Very funny

Guest guest569

They won't get their rubbish read on adbrits though sarah. Nothing happens there anymore !!!

Guest Guest75
    They won't get their rubbish read on adbrits though sarah. Nothing happens there anymore !!!

Well half the time it was you causing the controversy!!!!:P:p