Guest Mark & Tracy W

RMN - Needs ideas for work

Guest Mark & Tracy W

Hi all,

I'm a Registered Mental Health Nurse emigrating early 2009 to Adelaide. My 175 Visa is being processed and I'm awaiting confirmation of registration with NBSA.

Can any one suggest the best way of going about finding a job on the Adelaide Psychiatric Working Aged Adult Acute Wards? Is an agency the best option? Any one know of any vacancies?

Mark W

Glenside is probably one of the bigger mental health hospitals in adelaide. Each area of adelaide has its own mental health "team" and i believe each hospital has a mental health unit (might be wrong there so please dont take that as gospel) Have a search on seek.com.au or careerone.com.au

Perhaps also check out the SA Governement health websites

My advise would be Not to tie yourself into a contract you might hate, agency is always an option but another choice would be casual, that way you can 'try before you buy"

Best of luck

totally agree with maria, try some agency when you get here, nasa has lots of work and can get you signed up really quickly. always see lots of jobs advertised for rmns , but dont make my mistake and tie yourself into a contract through an agency :wacko:

Guest Mark & Tracy W

Thanks guys I will make contact with Nursing Agency of Australia and email them my CV. Thanks for the advice. :cute: