Guest dave

Seacliff info

Guest dave

Hello, dont post on here much, but have just got OAA confirmed for Seacliff. Anyone got any info on schools/kindys etc. Got 2 kids at 5 and 3. Any replies greatly received.

Thanks, Dave and family.

Guest anniewo

Seacliff is really nice, don't know about the local schools but I am sure they will be fine.you are lucky yo find such a good spot to stay.

Hello, dont post on here much, but have just got OAA confirmed for Seacliff. Anyone got any info on schools/kindys etc. Got 2 kids at 5 and 3. Any replies greatly received.

Thanks, Dave and family.

Hi Dave,

Cazzie and I live in Seacliff. The best part by far is that it is a beachside suburb. We walk to the white sandy beach, which is great. Fantastic walks along the beach to Brighton and Somerton (where there is a great cafe on the beachfront).

Seacliff is on the Noarlunga railway line, 20-25 mins from the city. It has its own convenience supermarket (IGA) and bigger supermarkets are nearby at Brighton, Hove and Hallett Cove. Marion shopping centre (huge!) is 5 minutes drive.

We have seen a couple of kindys (one is on the corner of Kauri Parade and Maitland Terrace), and one Primary school, which I think is on the corner of Kauri Parade and Pine Avenue.

There's a pub (known as a hotel here!) which is a bit boisterous for us, but does nice meals, and the Yacht Club, which allows the public in.

Do you know the actual street location? Can then give you info on proximity to everything.

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Dave,

My kids were at Seacliff Primary School for last year. It is quite a nice school (300 kids) but my only complaint is that they were a little bit wishy washy. One of my girls was subject to a bit of bullying and despite me speaking to her teacher twice things did not seem to get dealt with. I'm not sure if this is significant but the person that recommended the school to me also moved their son at the end of the year. Have not had a chance to speak with them about heir reasons yet so cant help any further.

There are lots of schools in the area that you could consider. Unfortunatley they do not have OFSTED reports to compare.

Good Luck

Karen