Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aussie pat

Elder Park

Guest Aussie pat

I saw that some PIA members avoided Elder Park last pm because of the predicted crowds. We went there for the children's fireworks at 2100 and had a great time. Lots of families picnicking on the banks of the Torrens, a band was playing, stalls selling hotdogs, crepes etc. Lots of room for everyone. I'd highly recommend it for families or people who don't want the midnight crush but still want to get out on New Years Eve. There's always next year.

Hedy

Hi yes we went there also with our two boys elder park is a lovely plave to take the kids we also had a lovely time ( jo gareth the boys originally coventry @ warwickshire england now north east adelaide)

Guest Rob and Clare

Hi,

We went down to Elder park too with some friends and got there for 9:00 for the kiddies fireworks which we impressive. We then stayed in the cafe under the festival theater, they served beer upto midnight and we had a table to ourselves, had a great time drinking and chatting, listening to the bands, playing with glowsticks... We then moved down the bank towards the river and watched the midnight fireworks which were even better. Then got the free train home, whilst it was busy I wouldn't say it was crowded, either that or the beer made me forget....

Would definately recommend it to anyone...