Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lisado

Medicals and a Happy New Year

Guest Lisado

Dear all

I hope you had a wonderful New year both here and in Australia. As it is the New Year and time when people think of exercising (:err:). I have started to think about our Medicals. Can anyone out there let me know what happens (ie. tests) in a medical for both adults and children (mine are 8 and 4).

Many thanks, Lisa

Guest JD97

Medicals involve X-rays for adults over 11, blood tests for the adults, urine tests for all,being weighed, they take your blood pressure , then a normal intelligence test.

Thats all i think happened when i had mine.

Cheers

James

Guest Lisado

Thats really helpful - was worried in case the wee ones needed blood tests - I cam imagine the scene in the docs :wacko:

Guest Trakki

As what James said, but they do do a thorough exam, ie looking in ears,eyes, (simple eye test, like at the optitions, reading the letters off the board on the other side of the room. listening to heart and lungs. Checking reflexes etc, They were great with the children, ours were then, 7, 5, 1 and 5 months. No problems at all and no where near as daunting as I thought. You will all be fine. Just give the kids a rough idea of what is going to happen and this will keep them happier as they will know what to expect.

Hope that helps