Guest hughes

New Life In Oz

Guest hughes

Hello All,

My name is Karen and hubby Jason and we are in the process of applying for visa's to emigrate to Adelaide. The main application has been lodged and we are hoping for visa's within the next 6 -8 months. It would be lovely to hear from people who are also applying to go to Adelaide. We live in Essex.

Take Care

Karenxx

Hello All,

My name is Karen and hubby Jason and we are in the process of applying for visa's to emigrate to Adelaide. The main application has been lodged and we are hoping for visa's within the next 6 -8 months. It would be lovely to hear from people who are also applying to go to Adelaide. We live in Essex.

Take Care

Karenxx

hiya karen,welcome to PIA, i think a lot of the members on here are allready in adelaide,obviously there is some in the same position as yourselves though,and us for that matter,we have had 136 visa since june 08,just waiting to sell house.....yawn!have you tried POMSINOZ? theres a lot on there in the process of emigrating,anyway good luck with it all. paul ( and jan )

Guest Justme

Hi Karen, We are new to pomsinadelaide. We have just heard our visa has been granted. We are so excited, dont know where to start. We too have our house to sell, what a time to sell !

Where are you hoping to move to in SA? Do you have a job to go to once you get down under?

We will be starting from scratch. My husband is a roofer and I work in admin. We are prepared to do anything to make our new life work. Do you have jobs to go too? look forward to hearing from you.

Guest JD97

Welcome to PIA

I hope you have an enjoyable time on here. Please ask our Team of Moderators for any help on here. Of course our PIA Admin Monkey is Tim he is in charge of the site. If there is any problems that Moderators can't handle (which is very unlikely) ask Tim.

May i wish you all the best with the Visa Process.

James Drummond

Site Welcomer

Guest hughes

Hi Paul & Jan,

Thanks for getting in touch and congratulations on getting your visa. What a shame the housing market is like it is hey!!! How long did it take you to get your visa?? What visa type have you been granted?? Will you rent your property or just hang on until you sell??

I joined PomsInOz too so thanksfor that tip.

Look forwardb to hearing from you. Where are you in the UK??

Karen & Jason

hiya karen,welcome to PIA, i think a lot of the members on here are allready in adelaide,obviously there is some in the same position as yourselves though,and us for that matter,we have had 136 visa since june 08,just waiting to sell house.....yawn!have you tried POMSINOZ? theres a lot on there in the process of emigrating,anyway good luck with it all. paul ( and jan )

Guest hughes

Hi,

Congratulations on getting your visas, how exciting!! How long did it take you to get your visa?? What visa type did you get??

We are going around the Seaford/McLaren Vale areas as I have family there, how about yourselves, where are you going to??

No we don't have jobs out there and to be honest it's quite a scary thought, Jason is a Landscape Gardener and i'm a full time mum but I also run the office side of things for the business and to go from that to nothing is daunting hey!!!

We're not due to get visas till later in the year so maybe the housing market may pick up a bit by then, will you rent your house out if you can't sell?? Where are you in the UK???

It's lovely to hear from people who are the same, I just wish we had our visas already,it's a long wait living inlimbo land!!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Take Care

Karen

Hi Karen, We are new to pomsinadelaide. We have just heard our visa has been granted. We are so excited, dont know where to start. We too have our house to sell, what a time to sell !

Where are you hoping to move to in SA? Do you have a job to go to once you get down under?

We will be starting from scratch. My husband is a roofer and I work in admin. We are prepared to do anything to make our new life work. Do you have jobs to go too? look forward to hearing from you.

Guest hughes

Hi James,

thanks for the welcome message, and good luck with your visas, anytime now by the looks of it?? How long did you wait??

Karenxx

Welcome to PIA

I hope you have an enjoyable time on here. Please ask our Team of Moderators for any help on here. Of course our PIA Admin Monkey is Tim he is in charge of the site. If there is any problems that Moderators can't handle (which is very unlikely) ask Tim.

May i wish you all the best with the Visa Process.

James Drummond

Site Welcomer

Hi Paul & Jan,

Thanks for getting in touch and congratulations on getting your visa. What a shame the housing market is like it is hey!!! How long did it take you to get your visa?? What visa type have you been granted?? Will you rent your property or just hang on until you sell??

I joined PomsInOz too so thanksfor that tip.

Look forwardb to hearing from you. Where are you in the UK??

Karen & Jason

hiya karen and jason, housing market is a shame yes, we have to validate our visa by june as well,if it hasnt sold by then it will have to be a holiday im afraid, which is roughly £5k we could have used for the permanant move. the process took us 15 months but a lot of that was spent getting references/statements off former employers (hard work! )so i wouldnt use our timescale as a guideline,dont fancy renting as most of the money were going with is tied up in the house,it could be done but not worth the hassle tbh,we are from liverpool originally

Guest The Pottertons

Hi guys, welcome to PIa. We are lon this side of the pond like yourselves and are working toward getting our visas. This site is invaluable with some top class people always willing to help! We would be lost without it. xx Yvonne

Guest hughes

Hi yvonne,

It's lovely to hear from you, good luck with your visa process. Where in Oz are you going to? What visa class are you applying for??

Karenxx

Hi guys, welcome to PIa. We are lon this side of the pond like yourselves and are working toward getting our visas. This site is invaluable with some top class people always willing to help! We would be lost without it. xx Yvonne

Guest Guest75

Good luck on the visa app:)

I think there are plenty of posters in here that are just starting as well,looks like the New Year will bring a lot more people fed up with the UK.

Ermmmmmmmm,It's going to be 30c and wall to wall sunshine today - just to dangle a carrot:)

Guest hughes

Well, it may be 30c there and wall to wall sunshine, but it's freezing here - about 2c and wall to wall cloud!!!!!!!

Are you enjoying life in Oz?? Where was you from in the UK??

If all goes well and we get our visas,we are hoping to go to seaford/McLaren Vale area, we've been looking at Aldinga Beach, have you any knowledge of here???

Karenxx

Good luck on the visa app:)

I think there are plenty of posters in here that are just starting as well,looks like the New Year will bring a lot more people fed up with the UK.

Ermmmmmmmm,It's going to be 30c and wall to wall sunshine today - just to dangle a carrot:)

Guest Guest75
    Well, it may be 30c there and wall to wall sunshine, but it's freezing here - about 2c and wall to wall cloud!!!!!!!

Are you enjoying life in Oz?? Where was you from in the UK??

If all goes well and we get our visas,we are hoping to go to seaford/McLaren Vale area, we've been looking at Aldinga Beach, have you any knowledge of here???

Karenxx

We seriously love it in Oz.It's definitely our home now.

We have been here for over 8 years now.

We are originally from Leeds,must admit I don't miss it but Mrs Tyke still has a fair bit of family there - so she does a yearly trip back.

We live in Onkaparinga Hills which is not too far away from the areas you mention.

Top of my List would be McLaren Vale - a lovely "villagey" feel to it - trouble is that it's 50 mins out of the city.

Seaford is nice as well,Seaford Rise in general tends to be a little more settled as building went on there say 10 years ago,other parts of Seaford are very new.Close to the beach and decent local facilities.40 mins max to the city.

Aldinga is nice and booming with new builds at the moment.It is an hour away from the city centre (CBD),so doe feel a little remote.Not as much in the way of facilities there yet - in the future but could well be a fantastic place though.:)

I'm not being boring - but seriously spend a lot of time going back through the older threads here - bags of information!!!!

Hi Karen,

We are in Lincoln and have just been requested to have our medicals for a 457 sponsored visa, have to start my job by the end of May, husband has to job search when we get over so it is a bit of a nerve racking time but worth it I'm sure! Renting our house although we could do with the money but no choice unfortunately and I'm too impatient to sit around!:goofy:Good Luck!

Sarah and Matt

Hi Welcome to PIA guys.

We're like yourselves - still over here, hoping to head to Adelaide this year (fingers & toes crossed!).

Wish you all the best.

Kim xx:D

Guest Django

Hi Karen,

Welcome to PIA. Hope you find it as useful as we did when we were at your stage. Good luck with the process.

Pete

Hi Karen

Welcome to poms in Adelaide you will find the site very useful. Please fire away with your questions. Everybody is so helpful. We are waiting to have our medicals done, hopefully in February. It is so difficult at times, because your life seems to be on hold. Good luck and keep us posted.

Alison x

Just thought I'd say a quick hello from a fellow (ex-)Essex girl. We lived near Hatfield Peverel in Essex - whereabouts are you? Been here 4.5 years now living in the North East, and while there are still the odd days where I miss the old place, have to say the kids have thrived here and certainly I feel have more opportunites, plus better schools, more of a social outlook etc, than they would have had had we stayed in Essex.

Good luck with the process, and any questions I can help you with, just ask!

Diane

Guest hughes

Hi Sarah and Matt,

It's lovely to hear from you. What job are you starting in Oz?? What does your husband do?? Where are you going in Adelaide??? So many questions!!!! We're probably going to have to rent our house too, which we didn't want, but it takes so long to get visas that you just want to get there. Let me know how your medicals go??

Take Care

Karenxx

Hi Karen,

We are in Lincoln and have just been requested to have our medicals for a 457 sponsored visa, have to start my job by the end of May, husband has to job search when we get over so it is a bit of a nerve racking time but worth it I'm sure! Renting our house although we could do with the money but no choice unfortunately and I'm too impatient to sit around!:goofy:Good Luck!

Sarah and Matt

Guest hughes

Hi Kim,

thanks for getting in touch, how far are you along the visa process??? What visa class are you aplying for??? It's just one big long waiting game hey!!!

Where in Adelaide are you hoping to go to??

Take Care

Karenxx

Hi Welcome to PIA guys.

We're like yourselves - still over here, hoping to head to Adelaide this year (fingers & toes crossed!).

Wish you all the best.

Kim xx:D

Guest hughes

Hi Pete,

thanks for getting in touch, are you enjoying life in Adelaide?? Would you swap it for the UK now??? Come on you know you want the cold, ice, snow, wind and rain again!!!!!

Karenxx

Hi Karen,

Welcome to PIA. Hope you find it as useful as we did when we were at your stage. Good luck with the process.

Pete

Guest hughes

Hi Alison,

It's lovely to hear from you, where are you in the UK?? Where are you heading for in Adelaide??

Have you been instructed to get your medicals done or are you getting them done early?? We're wondering if our visa class may be quicker now as we are on the 175 class with occupation of the MODL list, so we're thinking about getting our medicals done in February!!

It's so nice being on here, being able to talk to people in the same situation, you can share the excitement with people.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Take Care

Karenxx

Hi Karen

Welcome to poms in Adelaide you will find the site very useful. Please fire away with your questions. Everybody is so helpful. We are waiting to have our medicals done, hopefully in February. It is so difficult at times, because your life seems to be on hold. Good luck and keep us posted.

Alison x

Guest hughes

Hi Diane,

what a small world, we're just down the road in Great Totham. But got to be honest I can't wait to get the hell out!! I'm originally from Cold Norton - do you know it??? I already have an aunty,uncle,cousin and her hubby in McLaren Vale and I have another cousin and his family in Hallett Cove, so at least I will know some people!!! It would be lovely to be able to meet with people on here when we get there,because I think that when we get there we are going to need all the friends we can get!!! And if we don't put ourselves out and find friends it just won't work out there. I'm sure like you I will have down days but hopefully they will be far and few between.

So what made you go to Oz???

Take Care

Karenxx

Just thought I'd say a quick hello from a fellow (ex-)Essex girl. We lived near Hatfield Peverel in Essex - whereabouts are you? Been here 4.5 years now living in the North East, and while there are still the odd days where I miss the old place, have to say the kids have thrived here and certainly I feel have more opportunites, plus better schools, more of a social outlook etc, than they would have had had we stayed in Essex.

Good luck with the process, and any questions I can help you with, just ask!

Diane

Guest Django
    Hi Pete,

thanks for getting in touch, are you enjoying life in Adelaide?? Would you swap it for the UK now??? Come on you know you want the cold, ice, snow, wind and rain again!!!!!

Karenxx

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think about that:confused: :idea::nah::biglaugh:

No I love it here Karen. I wouldn't return to the UK for anything now.

Pete

Hi Karen,

I'm a nurse and my husband works for a civil engineering company driving the diggers etc so he's hoping that there'll be something for him as I'm dragging him away from the UK. Thought it may take more persuasion but we went over in November to see an old work colleague and he loved it after we had only been there a couple of days!

Don't quite know where we are going to live at the mo, my friend will put us up for a couple of weeks while we find a place to rent so that takes the stress off to begin with, we looked at a new developement called Mawson lakes which is convenient for my work and central Adelaide but we need to have a good look when we come over.

Someone put a post out to remind us all about wanted down starting on Monday at 9.15am and also watch a place in the sun down under next friday at 8pm cos they're off to Adelaide!

Take care,

Sarah and Matt:)