rental bills....

Guest happy feet

Guest happy feet

Hi All,

some more advice needed please..I will be renting when we come over but woundered if anyone could give me a rough idea on bills. I will be looking a renting a 3 bed house around $300 per week, could someone please tell me how much more i will need each month with all bills included? I understand it not so straight forward, but a rough idea would be great..

Thanks

cara xx

Hey.

We are currently paying $280 a week for a 2 bedroom house, our bills are:

Water: Quaterly...our landlord pays supply charge of $39 a month and we pay any usage on top of an additional allowance..our last bill was $19

Electric: Quaterly..Last bill $180

Gas: Quaterly..Last bill $81

These are the bills we 'have' to pay.....we havent had the phone connected and anything like internet, foxtel etc are optional and vary for everyone. The landlord will take care of any council tax and building insurances.

Dan

Guest panther

The Landord is responsible for the Council ,and Insurance on the Buiding, land tax and the water bill except for excess you will be responsible for gas, Electricity and excess water and insurance on your contents. Telephone, internet and Foxtell if you want them.

Offering short Term Fully Furnished 1 Bedroom Accomodation in Marino South Australia

Not sure how many kids you have but that will have alot of bearing on your electricity costs, and if you have a pool too. Our first electricity bill was around $400 for the quarter, jury is still out on gas bill lol still waiting for it even though we moved house!! Pay about $70 a month phone, no tv licence lol no council tax (until you buy) , foxtel depends what package we pay $60, internet $54.

Petrol.. chris spends around $50 a week as he works in hindmarsh i probly spend about $40 a week. Food we spend around $120 a week for the three of us but A still in nappies (expect to spend more initially as its suprising how cupboard stuff mounts up that you havent got eg condiments etc lol) also depends on children i guess. House insurance we pay $40 a month and 2 lots car insurance comes to $90. Fin ancially i think we are about same as uk, some things cheaper others dearer, but free time stuff is mostly free, and eating out alot cheaper so we can generally afford to do alot more than we did in uk ;)

btw dont equate this back to uk earnings by doing exchange rate thing, you'll find it doesnt work like that and your really best to get used to dealing with aussie dollars as everything seems so much cheaper when you exchange. It takes a while but at first i thought everything seemed cheap until i was earning aus money lol

we stick money away each week to cover Gas electricty phone and rego about $20 per week (for each bill) that way the bills dont seem so bad when they come in. Cant tell you what they will be as not had any yet:D But dont forget you may be entitled to rent assist and if you have kids family assist too.

On top of bills we pay $24 a month for full comp car insurance ( you need it the way they drive here lol) and £23 a month contence insurance (we were broken into while staying with friends here so I see it as a must) The phone is $20 line rental a month and as we dont use it much cant see it being to much as we buy a internation phone card to call UK. Broadband is a plug in jobby cost $29 per month for 3 GB but there are some good deals at the mo all i can say id stay away from DODO:arghh:.

As Claire said the 1st few shopping bills will come in High as you have to buy all the silly little things. And dont forget if you are shipping your furniture over youwill have to by bits and bobs to get you throught to it gets here but you can pick up cheap plates and pans in Cheap as chips (a place my 5 year oldloves) and Sams warehouse.