Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob & Shaz

help wanted

Guest Rob & Shaz

hi all , can anybody help we are arriving in adelaide on the 17/1/09 at 7.15am . we need a three bedroom house with a garden (pool would be ace) we also have a little dog , we need somewhere furnished for 3months , areas we are looking at are about 15kil of adelaide any help would be great thankyou shaz/rob.:jiggy:

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya.

We came here in november and we have 2 westies.

Finding a house withing 15km of CBD isnt cheap and even more difficult if you have a dog as well.

We got a cracking house on a 12 month contract for $330 per week that allows dogs inside from residential lettings at hallet cove.

They are well worth a call but most agents wont let you rent a place until you or someone else has viewed it for you.

we now live at a lovely ares called Christies beach about 30km from CBD. A great dog walking beach and a easy route straight into CBD.

Matt

Christies Beach

Guest Libby1971

I think you are cutting it fine to start making enquiries now. Most furnished places that I cann think of will most likely be booked but you could try Diane, Tyke, Guzzler&Sas, Roo1 and Hardycot who all have rental properties.

BUT these are short term properties and are priced accordingly. They are fully furnished but I am not sure about the dog. On the front page of this website, there is a link to a site to do with accommodation, give it a try there.

Guest redfoxy
    hi all , can anybody help we are arriving in adelaide on the 17/1/09 at 7.15am . we need a three bedroom house with a garden (pool would be ace) we also have a little dog , we need somewhere furnished for 3months , areas we are looking at are about 15kil of adelaide any help would be great thankyou shaz/rob.:jiggy:

Hi, good luck and welcome to Adelaide !!! we got a temporary furnished apartment overlooking the sea at brighton, it then took us 5 weeks to secure a long term unfurnished rental. We then bought the basiccs we needed, as we didnt have a full house of furniture in our container anyway. Most people do this, and also people tend to buy garden furniture and use that inside until their things come. Anyway you may find yourself living outside in Jan & Feb due to the weather. We bought a tv, one bedroom suite, and some kitchen things, you may find this better and cheaper than renting furnished for a long time, although yes the ones mentioned about are very very good and you do need to treat yourslef with a home from home type place when you arrive as it is a very big step and first impressions mean a lot !! anyway very very good luck !!! and happy new year xx

I think you are cutting it fine to start making enquiries now. Most furnished places that I cann think of will most likely be booked but you could try Diane, Tyke, Guzzler&Sas, Roo1 and Hardycot who all have rental properties.

BUT these are short term properties and are priced accordingly. They are fully furnished but I am not sure about the dog. On the front page of this website, there is a link to a site to do with accommodation, give it a try there.

I don't have a furnished rental I'm afraid, although Home2Home have helped people find places in the past. January is high season here as it is still during the kids school holidays so I think you may struggle unless your budget is unlimited; there are apartments and campsites which are good starting points, but the dog may be a problem here. Your best bet would be to book the dog into kennels for a couple of weeks, and spend that time looking around for a longer term rental that accepts dogs - as Libby and Redfoxy said though, unfurnished may be the way to go. Best to get as many references before you come as possible, saying what a well behaved dog it is, and how it never scratches woodwork or chews things! Also, offering a larger bond or several months rent up front may help... rental properties with pools are also less common, as obviously the landlord has the maintenance of that as an added reponsibility so you may have to compromise a bit there.

Have a look on realestate.com.au and select Holiday Rentals to get a feel for what is around. I do hope you have somewhere sorted for when you first arrive, as 17/1/09 is very close....

Good luck!

Diane