Guest MR&MRSC

A Place in the Sun: Down Under

Guest MR&MRSC

Hi all, not posted for a while but thought this might be of interest to a few of you. Well, that is unless you already know!

Just watched 'A Place in the Sun:Down Under'. Channel Four, 9pm. It focused on a Wrexham family buying in Melbourne, also looked at what to expect when living in Sydney. Next programme will be focused on Adelaide. Not sure if next week on Friday or tomorrow night.

Keep smiling and Happy New Year all. :)

Ha Ha, we watched it, what a snob. That guy had such high expectations of Australia, the mansion he was shown (which he ended up buying) 'didnt blow him away!! My god, it blew me away.

Am sure next weeks will be much better, although I know the star of the show is getting very nervous!!!!

Guest MR&MRSC

We thought that about the hubby, he did not look blown away at all. We wondered whether he was simply a snob or, just blumin nervous about blowing their whole of there budget?

Guest Justme

Ditto with Denise's comments.

I reackon they only enrolled the tv series to get a free trip down under to sort out their hard work for them. What did they expect! Had they really done their research? I would have been ecstatic if I could get a house like that and I would have a huge grin on my face!! Whingers or what? Shows the british in a poor light I feel.

Guest Keefo

Hi

were looking to buy a house in with a mortgage to borrow about $200k as we have money to put down bringingit to this figure. we are wondering if anyone knows what the monthy payments would be on this and also what other regular outgoings there are in australia that you have to pay a month eg...council taxes, utilities, water.

Is anyone out there a secondary school teacher.

Thanks

Keith