Henley Beach Today

Guest Django

Guest Django

Well I tried guys. :biglaugh: I left Tracey in bed (working nights) an packed the kids off to the beach. We found a nice spot and set up. I thought we would ake a day of it. Me and the kids in the morning and meet a few people n the afternoon. However by 1 o'clock I'd had enough of kids squabbling because I could only be in one place at a time. Jack wanted me to play cricket, Sophie wanted me to take her in the water with her body board, Niamh wanted me to play in the sand with her and Joe, well he just wanted me. I tried to envolve them in joint activities but they just weren't having it. Joe was a pain as he kept opening the esky and walking away leaving it open.:realmad: The final straw was when Joe decided it would be fun to fill the esky with sand while daddy had taken Niamh off to the toilet.

So although I never got to meet anyone I have learned that I will never try to take all four of them to a beach on my own again.

I hung it out for a bit but threw the towel in at 1.40 and headed home. Hope the rest of you guys had a better time than me at Henley today. :biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Nick11
Well I tried guys. :biglaugh: I left Tracey in bed (working nights) an packed the kids off to the beach. We found a nice spot and set up. I thought we would ake a day of it. Me and the kids in the morning and meet a few people n the afternoon. However by 1 o'clock I'd had enough of kids squabbling because I could only be in one place at a time. Jack wanted me to play cricket, Sophie wanted me to take her in the water with her body board, Niamh wanted me to play in the sand with her and Joe, well he just wanted me. I tried to envolve them in joint activities but they just weren't having it. Joe was a pain as he kept opening the esky and walking away leaving it open.:realmad: The final straw was when Joe decided it would be fun to fill the esky with sand while daddy had taken Niamh off to the toilet.

So although I never got to meet anyone I have learned that I will never try to take all four of them to a beach on my own again.

I hung it out for a bit but threw the towel in at 1.40 and headed home. Hope the rest of you guys had a better time than me at Henley today. :biglaugh:

Pete

Good on you for trying. Don't know many blokes who would be brave enough to do that - think even us women would struggle.

Guest cazzie

Oh Pete,

I was really hoping to meet you today. You must just bring them to the meet and we will help you look after them. I have raised a few kids myself and would be very willing to take my shoes off and run around with them - so no excuses next time! Sorry you couldn't make it, it was a lovely meet and good to put faces to names. Lovely to meet Val, Martin (you are so funny!), Mall, Kev, Sue(2oz), Susanne, Dave, Tom, Kath, Steve, Tony, Ian and Ken. Cheers!

Guest KP Nuts

Oh that's a shame Pete, my three were asking if you and your's would be there today, another 10 - 15 minutes and they would have taken them off your hands for a while...

But it was nice meeting everyone again today

oh pete wish we would have known all this was going on we all could of share cared ur little angles(i would have robbed joe!):P

maybe you will make the next one hey, and can i just make a request and ask the next meetup to be down south our end this time, we have only just got the kids in bath and stuff, love going to the meetups its just to far a distance when youve got kids and live a far bit away,:wacko: maybe around searford (ish)

anyway thanks for alovely day

sue david and kids xxx

Guest Django
my oh was on the golf course.

Golf course??? Oooooooh I remember what one of those is......I think:unsure:

Good on you for trying. Don't know many blokes who would be brave enough to do that - think even us women would struggle.

I do try. Well at least Tracey says I'm trying :biglaugh:

Oh Pete,

I was really hoping to meet you today.

Its only a matter of time Caz our paths are bound to cross at some point.;)

Oh that's a shame Pete, my three were asking if you and your's would be there today

Jack had his cricket stuff again and was hoping to see someone he knew.

i would have robbed joe!

Sue, I would have sneaked him into one of your bags while you wasn't looking, the little sh... er I mean darling . :biglaugh:

I think I saw Martin from a distance. Haven't meet him yet but I'd put money on it being him with the er very 'loud' shorts. If I wasn't so busy I would have said Hi.

Pete

Guest Martin and Val

I think I saw Martin from a distance. Haven't meet him yet but I'd put money on it being him with the er very 'loud' shorts. If I wasn't so busy I would have said Hi.

Pete

Sorry Pete, it wasn't me mate, normal Blue shorts, white vest top, sat at a green picnic table with green umbrella shade.

We all started up on the grass near the jetty and shops before moving down to the beach about an hour later. Sorry we missed you, we got there about 1.15 and didn't leave until about 5 ish.

Had an enjoyable time again but still didn't get to speak to everyone, I can see that we will have to make this a regular meet to actually get to know everyone. Same spot every now and again?

I know the location doesn't suit everyone being a fair way from South but it's the same for those from up North and really is about half way between the two.

Anyway, Thank you Ken for organising it and over to you to sort the next I feel.........

Guest Django
Sorry Pete, it wasn't me mate, normal Blue shorts, white vest top, sat at a green picnic table with green umbrella shade.

Wasn't you??? :shocked: Do you have a stunt double in all your photos?? :biglaugh:

Glad you guys had a good day. Hopefully next time Tracey isnt working and we can eventually say hi to everyone.

Pete

Guest wemadeit

Hi Pete, We met you at SJS BBQ and live in Woodcroft at the mo'! Sorry you couldn't make it on Saturday, but managing 4 kids on your own - hard work! It was a really nice afternoon, met some really nice new people and I agree with Martin that we should make it a regular event - at varying locations for variety and ease of travel for all and to meet and speak to more of you. Thamks Ken for organising it.

Tom

Tom

Guest Django
:swoon:well after all the shark sightings at henley in the past few months maybe another beach:goofy:....lol

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You're probably right Graham:jimlad: