Wish I'd Packed..???

Guest Lulujim

Guest Martin and Val

OK, I just had to add some more to this thread as I've been laughing at some of things in it.

We didn't pack a kettle, toaster and Iron as we knew we would need them as soon as we arrived so bought then when we arrived.

We didn't declare anything under 12 months old.

We came with Singapore Airlines on a provisional Visa with a 20kg allowance we were well over weight and wasn't even questioned. But had we of been it was £30 per kg over weight charge!

We bought cheap saucepans when we got here so we could cook. Now our container has arrived we have our old English ones again.

We bought a cheap dinner service and cheap cutlery to get us through.

We have found clothes no more expensive here than the UK and why on earth do you need to stock up on socks? They sell them here in the shops at normal prices and most of the time you don't wear them anyway!

When did the last ship sink?:jimlad:

We bought a set of sheets with us in our luggage and used them until our container arrived with more. Yes we did wash them and they dry very quick here so don't worry about them still being wet in the evening.

Towels, we bought some at Spotlight which were good quality and cheaper than any we have bought before in England.

We bought 2 plug adapters with us and a 6 gang adapter which we put an Aussie plug on the end of. This worked wonders and a short trip to Bunnings where you can buy a box of plugs and then as and when you need things simply change the plugs to Aussie ones. (Which reminds me I must go and get some more tomorrow)

Suncream, factor 30 is really needed and we have found that at a very reasonable $17 for a huge tub in the supermarket.

Hope this helps

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
Hi can anyone tell me if my lap top will work? (apart from puyying a travel plug on it!) not had it long and it has lots of stuff on it.

Also if I take it on the plane will it be classed as an extra peice of hand luggage, it allways seems to me that people take cases on nearly the same size as my suitcase!!!!!:wideeyed:

Sarah

Bring your Lap Top it will work fine and you will need it. It will not count toward you weight so carry it separately. But double check with the airline you use.

Guest Martin and Val
I take it most electrical things will work fine in Oz then as long as you change the plugs?

Yes they will it's just the plugs that are different.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Bring your fridge freezer, ours makes and excelent beer fridge in the entertainment area. Still going strong recon it was a good few years old when we bought it and it has been working here for almost 3 years!

Hi Denise.

Sorry if I misled you. If you want to bring the above do, what I mean is you need those things as soon as you get here so will have to go out and buy them anyway. OK if it's in your container then you will have extra when it arrives. (You don't need the toaster I know but I do like my toast)

Martin

Ah , I see what you mean now, I thought I was just missing something there but it makes sense.

Obviously there will be no hiccups and our stuff will be there before us (yeah right!!!) so we wont have to worry about anything!!!!!!!!:wacko: