Sign in to follow this  
Guest STINKY FEET

Router

Guest STINKY FEET

Can any tell me if it is worth bringing my router from the uk we leave the uk on friday at long last we are very happy:D

Guest steph&neil
    Can any tell me if it is worth bringing my router from the uk we leave the uk on friday at long last we are very happy:D

sorry cant answer you question but will be interested to see reply from someone who knows - another thing i hadnt even thought about!!!

just wanted to wish you a safe journey!

steph :cool:

Guest craeg

Hi M8

I am certain that apart from needing a UK plug you're router will work fine in Oz

Hope this helps.

Craeg :)

Guest dglamoore

We have a belkin wireless router that we bought from the uk and it is working fine :o

Although if you go into any shops make sure you pronounce it 'rowter' as 'rooter' has a whole different meaning here and you could end up with a slapped face :mad::confused:

Lisa:cool:

If you are happy with it then bring it. Wireless routers cost around $300 here if you buy it off the shelf.

Guest dglamoore

There are some cheaper ones as we picked up a Belkin wireless router here for $99 at Harvey Normans as thought ours was not working :( then took it back when we realised it was me having a blonde moment and it worked fine :D

Guest steph&neil

fab though someone here was gonna grab yet another freebie but I will take it with me!

steph :cool:

Guest max

our friends returned to hallet cove after a 12 month leave of sanity?(they came back to uk)took all their elec goods to oz they are all in good working order 12 months on.the tv will also work if you subscibe to satellite .

cheers

max

Guest steph&neil

Hi does anyone know if a uk sky+ box or the standard sky boxes work over there? can you subscribe to satellite TV??

thanx steph

Guest stufi1997
    :confused: F..k me,... you lot spend far to much time on your computers...! Oh wait a min...... no ,no er ... thats me. rats! .. good question on the sky box though. :P

Guest max

its foxtel over there and you can subscribe,it has all the football from uk but its on mainly mon am!could record it.dont know about sky boxes,prob not ???

Guest dglamoore
    Hi does anyone know if a uk sky+ box or the standard sky boxes work over there? can you subscribe to satellite TV??

thanx steph

boxes won't work here but the good news is foxtel (sky equivilant) give you one for free - we even got the IQ (sky+ equivilant) free which we had to pay for in uk) although the tv is still rubbish :o

http://www.foxtel.com.au/

http://www.foxteliq.com.au/

the remote is even the same as the uk sky one - tv is so bad , one tip though is bring lots of dvd's :P

Guest max

you migrate to a beautiful,warm, sporty outdoor world and you want to watch tv?

hence i`m confused!

max:eek:

Guest steph&neil

Thanks Lisa! in reply to max i am not a TV fan but for the kids in summer when it is TOO hot for them is an ideal way to keep them indoors! ;)

steph

Guest dglamoore
    you migrate to a beautiful,warm, sporty outdoor world and you want to watch tv?

hence i`m confused!

max:eek:

It does get cold here too ;) been raining on and off for couple of weeks and chilly so not exactly outdoor sporty weather here at the mo but then it is winter :rolleyes:

Guest stufi1997

I think we have every gadget in the planet and broke probably all of them in this house!, :mad:Point being that our kids have been brought up in a disposable society. So i'm fed up with getting crap from kids about why i havn't burned any dvd's to watch tonight or why can't i have a PS3 ? So i'll be quite happy to start from scratch and get back to basic's at least for a good while, I don't know about anyone else ,but none of my lot have any sense of value and it so p***es me off when you knock your pan in to provide these things and they're only good for a few days. I think it's time to take a step backwards in tecnology and maybe our youngest one will have a chance. :cool: