Double Baggage Allowance on a 475 Visa!!

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

We used HI-FX to transfer some money, and we have got a special offer of double baggage allowance. When I called up (thanks to a PIA member!) - they said it was not for 475 visas.. but then I asked to speak to the Manager and they have reviewed the list - 475 is now on it!! :jiggy:

So we are now taking 40kgs luggage each - yeah!! That makes me feel a bit more relaxed, esp as we're shipping stuff out early so will have to live on that stuff here too.

Guest lastboyscout

Bugger :P

We transfered our money through Hi-Fx and didn`t think of asking them ,but after being told by Emirates that we were only allowed 20kg each (after our stuff had been packed and shipped) we ended up air freighting 2 big boxes over for the princely sum of £600 :realmad:

Only because we flew to Melbourne with Emirates then switched to Qantas to get here :realmad:

Oh well ce la vie ...............................:goofy:

Guest Rachel & Jeff

We've got it as well. :jiggy:

We had set up an account with HIFX to get the payments for the visa but haven't actually transferred any money yet.

I rang them to ask about the deal they did with Qantas and got a phone number and password. From the options on the phone I think it also applies to Westpac customers.

The flights were no cheaper than any I could find on the internet but we are getting 40k each even though we have validated.

I had been looking at sending 40k by airfreight and reckon it was going to be about £180.

This is great news Alexis, i'll certainly be hoping to do this too. I meant to post you a well done on your visa, know you had applied the day after us.

Moira & John :jiggy:

We used HI-FX to transfer some money, and we have got a special offer of double baggage allowance. When I called up (thanks to a PIA member!) - they said it was not for 475 visas.. but then I asked to speak to the Manager and they have reviewed the list - 475 is now on it!! :jiggy:

So we are now taking 40kgs luggage each - yeah!! That makes me feel a bit more relaxed, esp as we're shipping stuff out early so will have to live on that stuff here too.

Guest Lulujim
This is great news Alexis, i'll certainly be hoping to do this too. I meant to post you a well done on your visa, know you had applied the day after us.

Moira & John :jiggy:

Thank you - Congrats to you too - exciting! When are you going? :o