Anyone know of a good GP in the NE burbs

suzer

I am so fed up with my GP's office in Mawson Lakes (I say the office not the GP as he is good aside from always being an hour or so behind). I heard something about them no longer bulk billing although they've sent out no communication to their patients about it (surprise surprise as they never tell you the dr. is running late, even when you check in). And now, they won't give any test results over the phone, which is crap. They sent me out a ltr telling me to come in for my annual results, and I was like, why should I come in if nothing is wrong, and if something is wrong, why should I have to wait 2 days to find out:mad:

Anyway if anyone has a recommendation it would sure be welcome!

Suzer

We normally go to Highbury one but I don't think they are taking on any new patients at the moment - we did also go to one at St Agnes - I will look up the name tomorrow - and that was very good, it was on the North East Road, heading east from the Hancock Road junction so might be a bit far for you though.

• 1 month later...
I am so fed up with my GP's office in Mawson Lakes (I say the office not the GP as he is good aside from always being an hour or so behind). I heard something about them no longer bulk billing although they've sent out no communication to their patients about it (surprise surprise as they never tell you the dr. is running late, even when you check in). And now, they won't give any test results over the phone, which is crap. They sent me out a ltr telling me to come in for my annual results, and I was like, why should I come in if nothing is wrong, and if something is wrong, why should I have to wait 2 days to find out:mad:

Anyway if anyone has a recommendation it would sure be welcome!

Suzer

Hi Suzer,

I experienced the same dissatisfaction with Mawson Lakes Medical Centre especially as a certain GP didn't actually arrive at the surgery until 9:30 when I had the first appointment at 9am (this happened twice!). How can they ever stay on time when they start off running late.

Anyway..... I now go to the Tea Tree Medical Centre who also have a centre at St. Agnes. The website is http://www.stagnessurgery.com.au/

i would recommend Dr James Robertson who is a star. They also have a Saturday morning clinic for female check ups run by the 2 female doctors.

Hope this helps.

Katie B

Hi Suzer,

I experienced the same dissatisfaction with Mawson Lakes Medical Centre especially as a certain GP didn't actually arrive at the surgery until 9:30 when I had the first appointment at 9am (this happened twice!). How can they ever stay on time when they start off running late.

Anyway..... I now go to the Tea Tree Medical Centre who also have a centre at St. Agnes. The website is http://www.stagnessurgery.com.au/

i would recommend Dr James Robertson who is a star. They also have a Saturday morning clinic for female check ups run by the 2 female doctors.

Hope this helps.

Katie B

That's great Katie thank you. It doesn't look like they bulk bill which would be the only downside; do you pay a lot out of pocket?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Suzer. I really recommend Windsor Village medical centre. I can always seem to get an appointment, the doctors are really great. They helped my grandfather in his final years and they really listened when I had health problems a while back. The are located near the Holden Hill Police station, ph. 82611822

• 2 months later...

Diane, which drs do you use in Highbury? I've been experimenting with the Highbury Family Practice Unit, but am just not convinced. It's taking a lot to beat Arkaba (which I would highly recommend to anyone vaguely in the Fullerton / Unley / Eastern areas depending on how far you want to drive - it was 10 mins away from Kensington Park when we lived there).

ATM I am preferring to keep to Arkaba - if we need a dr quicker or urgent with children its taking a lot to beat the locum service (and they bulk bill anyway, so its a no brainer if we don't have to leave the house) and we spent half of Christmas going back and forth to WCH childrens emergency. :)

Guest Barney Rubble

Surrey Downs Medical Centre been ok for us for years. Cnr Grenfell Street andGolden Grove Roads (i think)

Don't think they bulk bill though, Dr's Grove, Ducker, plus one other i cannot remember all pretty good.

Have seen a fair share of them in recent years and have been called early if they had a cancellation too.

Good Luck :)

Diane, which drs do you use in Highbury? I've been experimenting with the Highbury Family Practice Unit, but am just not convinced. It's taking a lot to beat Arkaba (which I would highly recommend to anyone vaguely in the Fullerton / Unley / Eastern areas depending on how far you want to drive - it was 10 mins away from Kensington Park when we lived there).

ATM I am preferring to keep to Arkaba - if we need a dr quicker or urgent with children its taking a lot to beat the locum service (and they bulk bill anyway, so its a no brainer if we don't have to leave the house) and we spent half of Christmas going back and forth to WCH childrens emergency. :)

Hi Sally

Firstly sorry to hear about your probs over Christmas, and I hope everything is on the mend now.

I do use the Highbury Medical Centre but have been getting a bit fed up with them recently because hey have started to charge but that seems down to the whim of whichever doctor you see which doesn' seem a very fair system, so am thinking of maybe looking at the St Agnes one mentioned above in future.