Irish Kelie

Bills!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, i have not long arrived here, november to be exact and am trying to budget for bills!! Can someone give me an idea of quarterly bills for gas, electric and water.:wacko:

I am in 4 bed house with reasonable size garden and only use gas for cooking and maybe hot water( Im not sure how its heated!!!!)

Any advice will be appreciated

Kelie:jiggy:

Guest Nick11

Council tax - $300 a quarter

Electric - $300

Gas - $150

Water - $200

I think!

Guest Libby1971
    Council tax - $300 a quarter

Electric - $300

Gas - $150

Water - $200

I think!

How the bl**dy hell do you get an electric bill like that? We have got ours to $450, once, and the rest of the time it is $600 or more. Mind you, we have no gas at all, so maybe that's what does it...

How the bl**dy hell do you get an electric bill like that? We have got ours to $450, once, and the rest of the time it is $600 or more. Mind you, we have no gas at all, so maybe that's what does it...

not certain of exact figure but our electric is around the $300 mark from memory. Perhaps a sign you spend too long on here Libby!;)

Guest Libby1971

right, I want candles, and lots of them. For those of you having a clearance, any unwanted candles, tell me. I am cooking by candlelight, eating by candlelight, cleaning by candlelight and everything else in between.

:mad: I may need to look into this some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dont knock urs libby my last one was $800 :shocked:the previous one wasnt much better $600 odd i think, good job we dont have gas couldnt afford another bill;)

Guest Nick11
    right, I want candles, and lots of them. For those of you having a clearance, any unwanted candles, tell me. I am cooking by candlelight, eating by candlelight, cleaning by candlelight and everything else in between.

:mad: I may need to look into this some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Libby, babes - how many times have we had this conversation after a few glasses of sherry :daydreaming::daydreaming:

Guest swampo

Sounds like some dodgy activites with candles there Libby??? I am presuming you guys are talking in quarters?

Guest Libby1971
    Libby, babes - how many times have we had this conversation after a few glasses of sherry :daydreaming::daydreaming:

Errr, thanks I think??:P:daydreaming: And we haven't found anywhere to buy sherry...yet? Have we? I thought we'd only been drinking the wine!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest covfan71

OK, call me stupid but i have noticed that a few of you do not have Gas. How do you heat the house then? And secondly, so you find it cheaper or more expensive not to have gas

Guest Nick11
    No heating!!!

We have gas heating - lovely in winter and gas for the hot water.;)

Cheaper than electric as well.

Guest Nick11
    Thanks guys for the responses this helps HEAPS!!!

Just 1 more thing, do i pay council tax even though i rent????

We didn't when we rented. Didn't pay for water either - only electric and the phone.

Guest HALT

Our water is solar heated and we have a large open fireplace. Even although we use these the bills are still high. We don't use the Air con except today, too hot not too. We are $600ish in winter and $450ish summer per quarter for gas and slightly more for electricity, SA is the most expensive state in australia for utilities these prices seem to be about average according to the people i work with.

Guest covfan71
    Our water is solar heated and we have a large open fireplace. Even although we use these the bills are still high. We don't use the Air con except today, too hot not too. We are $600ish in winter and $450ish summer per quarter for gas and slightly more for electricity, SA is the most expensive state in australia for utilities these prices seem to be about average according to the people i work with.

So on average, about $180 a month for both. Not too bad

Just for comparison...

We are couple in a rented brand new 2 bed...

Our last bills:

Elec: $122

Gas: $87

Water: (Anything over an allowance) $17

Our first electric was $160....so some how mine has reduced...maybe its because we have spent more time outside being a bit warmer now!!

Dan

Guest covfan71
    Just for comparison...

We are couple in a rented brand new 2 bed...

Our last bills:

Elec: $122

Gas: $87

Water: (Anything over an allowance) $17

Our first electric was $160....so some how mine has reduced...maybe its because we have spent more time outside being a bit warmer now!!

Dan

That is a month i take it, not a 1/4

Thats all for 1/4....i was shocked too!!

Some of the reasons might be:

A: Brand New...????

B: Gas hot water heater...temp controlled and only operates when tap turned on

C: Toilet and out door taps plumbed to rain water tank.

D: It was 4.5 star rated energy property...

Dan