sparkly cat

YEAAAAAH I am now a permanent resident

Well its finally happened, my daughter and I are now permanent residents. :D

Got a letter from Department of Immigration and Citizenschip today, my temporary spouse visa was made permanent today, need to send my passport to get my stamp put in.

Have so far, shouted and cheered and cannot stop smiling.

Yeeeaaaaah

Sandra

PS Does anyone know when I can apply for Citizenship???

Guest cazzie
    Well its finally happened, my daughter and I are now permanent residents. :D

Got a letter from Department of Immigration and Citizenschip today, my temporary spouse visa was made permanent today, need to send my passport to get my stamp put in.

Have so far, shouted and cheered and cannot stop smiling.

Yeeeaaaaah

Sandra

PS Does anyone know when I can apply for Citizenship???

Sandra,

Well done and congratulations. It must be a lovely feeling to get PR. Keep smiling.

Sorry, don't know when you can apply for citizenship exactly but someone else will.

Guest Guest75

Wahaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I remember when you were fresh off of the plane in that 40C day!!!!:D:D

Congrats to you ........... just out of interest how long did it take to come through? My hubby has to do his in a couple of months time. Not looking forward to doing ALL that paperwork for the third time!

Sharon

Congrats to you ........... just out of interest how long did it take to come through? My hubby has to do his in a couple of months time. Not looking forward to doing ALL that paperwork for the third time!

Sharon

Hi Sharon

It was really easy, in Oct I rang to find out what I had to do (Visa was granted in Oct 2006) and she asked if I had received a letter from them, I hadnt so she sent it out. The paperwork then needed to be done within two months of receiving it and you cant leave the country while it was being processed. I did ring them with a question and asked how long it would take to process and they said 3-6 months.

Had to apply for a AFP clearance certificate (Australian Federal Police) which took couple of weeks, then there was two Statutory Declarations (myself/partner (sent form to fill in)) and then sent it back express post on 14 Dec. They sent back confirmation of receipt on 15 Dec and received letter today, very quick I think.

Very happy now

Sandra

Wahaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I remember when you were fresh off of the plane in that 40C day!!!!:D:D

Thank you Russell, that seems a long time ago now, I cant believe it was just 2 years ago

Also thanks to Justin and Cazzie for their posts

Regards

Sandra