richjop

How much can you get done in a week

Richard has now been in Adelaide for a week and as we have no broadband at our new home I thought I would let everyone know how much can be achieved in a week.

He did a reccie in March and managed to get a house, school and job. Arrived on Thursday at 7am, man from Pabs arrived with sofa etc at 12, dash to IKEA to buy essentials, food then bed. Friday, more shopping, plumber to sort out hot water, ran into the city (we are in Malvern nr Unley), met the neighbours. Sat, cycled to Glenelg, attended house auction, dinner at Neighbours (steak and prawns on barbie), lots of wine and beer. Sun breakfast at doof doof (organic place in Unley), went out for a stroll, found shops etc. Mon-started work for Bradken in Adelaide, out with the boys from work in the evening, Tuesday flew to Tasmania with work, Wednesday in Melborne, off to NSW week after next-been a bit of a whirlwind but he's told me its the best thing he has ever done and when we join him at the end of July everything will be just as he imagined-how's that for a busy but positive start to our new life:D!!!!

Joanne (left behind with 2 boys)

Guest steph&neil

wow what a week! hope you are going to slow down! before you burn out! hahaha glad to hear that you are getting on so well:D

it is always nice to hear when other peoples plans come together!

keep it up - well the barbies & alcohol consumption anyway hehehe

steph x :cool:

Guest dglamoore

Looks like he is keeping himself busy - bet you can't to get over and join him in July :)

Lisa:cool:

Joanne

Sounds great, bet you cant wait to get out there and join him.

good luck with everything travelling with 2 small one will be tiring but really worth it when you get there.

Kimx

Guest RandC

OMG I flet dizzy reading this - talk about hitting the ground running - good luck with your journey, are you flying on your own with the boys?

Good luck

Cari :D

Fortunately not, Richard will be coming back, it may take hima little while to get used to having us around again!

Guest The Bowmans

I am seriously impressed with what Richard achieved in a week.... in fact I have printed this thread out and will be showing it to John when he gets home from work at midnight! - he'll be delighted!

Good luck with the family's journey down under. Surely after looking after the kids on your own whilst Richard has been on Oz, it will be his turn to have them while you sleep your way to Oz, eat meals uninterrupted and catch up on those films you've been meaning to see......!

Deena:)

Guest happy-jools

WOW now thats a mean feat by anyones standards.

I sound positively lazy in comparison.

Good luck for you move over. Hope he isnt too busy to see you guys when you get there.:rolleyes:

Guest graandjac

Hi Joanne, glad all is well send our regards to Richard, and remind him to have that slab waiting for us. Cheers Graham & Jacqui