Guest grozza

Hi to everyone

Guest grozza

I will be leaving Leicester and arriving in Adelaide on the 3rd of July this year and I cant wait!!!

I spent 5 weeks here last March and absolutley fell in love with the place. My big bro has been here for 4 years, this made it so much easier to decide. I made lot's of Aussie friends as my brothers wife is Australian and has a big family, also became involved with his Football Club and enjoyed the post match drinking. I felt so welcome everywhere I went, the atmospheres on nights out were amazing. Fishing on the York Penninsula is a must, the wildlife is spectacular...This is a hobbie I shall be taking up most definately!!!

Being 31 and single the question for me is will I be homesick?? Well this website will help, I think it's fantastic that you can chat to fellow brits and get together for events...Also being able to ask for advice in many areas that are not familiar.

Well thanks for listening and feel free to ask for any advice or to just say hi!!!

Guest Guest75

Hiya Grozza,welcome to PIA.

31 and single hey???

Should have fun here.

Only you can decide if the homesickness will kick in.

There are a few of us in this forum that try and do some fishing here as well.

Good luck:)

Guest grozza

Cheers for the message Tyke!!

Yeah I'll be fine, looking forward to a fresh start...With regards to the fishing, how often do you go? Am I mistaken to assume you have a boat?? Do you know good places to fish because I found the locals wouldnt give out much information when asking for good spots...

I fished browns beach, and on a boat out from ponderlowie bay... Caught salmon, snapper and nannygai, but would have liked some tuna and mullahway!!! Well we will have to organise a trip out nearer the time, load up the esky's with ice and crack on!!!

Take it easy and enjoy the sunshine...

Guest Guest75

Yeah I'll be fine, looking forward to a fresh start...With regards to the fishing, how often do you go? Am I mistaken to assume you have a boat?? Do you know good places to fish because I found the locals wouldnt give out much information when asking for good spots...

I fished browns beach, and on a boat out from ponderlowie bay... Caught salmon, snapper and nannygai, but would have liked some tuna and mullahway!!! Well we will have to organise a trip out nearer the time, load up the esky's with ice and crack on!!!

As often as Mrs Tyke lets me!!!

You have really to find out about the waters here from the locals.

Do not ask directly for GPS points as you will be told to F@@k off!!!

As I did make sure they knew you are a complete noob to fishing here:notworthy:

Best place to start is a local site called http://www.strikehook.com

Great bunch of guys and gals :)

Yup,we have a boat - very new to it all but hoooooge fun!!

Hopefully out tomorrow.

The wind can be a killer here so I watch 2 sites .............

http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/sa/forecasts.shtml

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/sa.asp

Even so I'll drive down to the local launch ramp (O'Sullivans Beach) ,have a look and talk to the guys there.

Tight lines!!!!

Guest Guest75

As often as Mrs Tyke lets me!!!