Sign in to follow this  
Guest Justme

Grandmother Wood Clock - carrying it in the container?

Guest Justme

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone can help again please? I have an old grandmother (wall mounted version of a tall grandfather clock) wood clock which was my grandparents. It must be at least 50 years old.

Has anyone any knowledge or how much it would cost to get it out to Oz? Would we be able to take it with us? If it has to be decontaminated, does it get done solely, or does everything in the container get treat the same? Thanks.

Guest Greg and Karen

Hi, all I can say is that we also shipped an old wooden clock and just wrapped it up securely and put it in one of our tea chests with other stuff. All we had to do was declare it on the inventory. We had no issues with customs at all, as far as I am aware, and it arrived safely with everything else. We also included other wooden stuff, like a little side table, again with no issues from customs.

Obviously they do have strict laws here on wooden stuff so double check with your shipping company. But we didn't have any problems.

cheers,

Greg

Guest Trakki

It's mainly outside wooden stuff that is a problem so you should be fine

Guest VINDER

Sorry to jump in but I am curious, and would like to know what exactly does "outside wooden stuff" means. Thanks

Guest VINDER

Thanks. I think I only brought a wooden garden chair and the rest are indoor wooden stuffs. Did the forms for custom clearance over here three days ago and have forgotten some of the small items I packed. I tried to declare whatever I can remember, hopefully it woudl all be alright.

Guest Justme

Thank you. I thought it was all wood bits and pieces - so thats really good. Hopefully the clock will go through fine, fingers crossed.

Guest Guest75

You will be fine with it in your container - make sure it is very well wrapped and listed on your shipping list.

Anything to do with wood has to be free of borers and woodworm.

That's what they will be looking for.

I shipped out a grand daughter clock and some furniture a few years back that Mum left me.I was there when quarantine inspected - they were looking for dust/ evidence of borers.