Guest VINDER

starting point

Guest VINDER

Hello everyone,

Its been a week since I have arrived in Adelaide. So far, I feel like i'm in a limbo zone. Kids havent started school and I am due to get their uniforms etc sorted out. Been trying to organise the house etc and waiting patiently for our shipment to arrive. Heard that its already at Port Adelaide and so far its just waiting custom clearance..

Wanted to come here and start a new life for the childrens sake and for our ( hubby and myself) seves too.

Its loads easier for hubby coz he has been here on his own for for the past one year and I guess work is easier now than it was when he first started in Dec 2007 (... .having to proof himself etc) and now that we are staying under the same roof, its loads off his mind..the travelling from adelaide back to Malaysia every three months or so, was causing a huge dent on our savings...

:err:But I never thought about how this would effect me as an individual.

Been Reading some pf the posts on the forum lately and somehow realised that it may take 18moths to 2 years to get adjusted,,,Hmmmmm that sounds like a long time at the moment.

My gals though are enjoying an extended holidays and seem not to be too disturbed or alarmed by the new enevironment..I am thankful for that...Hopefully it would remain the same when they start school.

I agree though that the hardest is missing friends and family. Have stayed away from family before, hence that aint so bad but FRiends...these I miss most:sad:.Always had a wonderful circle of friends around and sincerely hope would be able to do so here in Adelaide too...wonder where to start.

The most obvious common ground I have with most new arrivals on PIA is I, too, am in a new country and trying to fit in:)

Guest Django

Welcome to Adelaide. Good to see you have arrived and finding your feet. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Look out for the meets going on. You'll be more than welcome to come along.

Good luck

Pete

Guest Roo1

Hi Vinder,

Why not pop down to Seacliff (during term time) and join us on our Friday morning walks to Brighton? We walk and chat, then sit and have a drink and chat, then walk back to seacliff....and you guessed it.....have a chat!!!

Isn't that what women like to do?;)

PM me if you are interested and I'll arrange to meet you there.

Judi

Hi Vinder, welcome to Adelaide! As has been said, there are plenty of meets going on, and it would be good for you and the children to go along on the Friday morning walk. If the children were younger I'd say bring them to the Tuesday morning playgroup but they have to be under 7. Why don't you try and come along for the next couple of weeks anyway until school starts? I'm sure nobody would mind. It starts at 11.00am and it's at Old Cottage Playgroup which is on the corner of Byards and Kenihans Roads.

Good luck!

Guest VINDER

Thanks Judi and Liz for the suggestion. Would definitely do so. My gals are 8 and 4 ...I guess it would be a good start for them and me..especially..

Would PM one of you for details.....

Guest VINDER

Thank you Pete. Would definitely go for the next meet, Eversince I found PIA, none of my worries remain as worries for a long time; there is always a solution; Thank you again.