Guest ricknbeck

Where to buy a laptop?

Guest ricknbeck

One of our first purchases when we arrive in Adelaide is going to be a new laptop for research purposes etc. We will initially be in the Woodcroft region, so anyone know where there is a good, reputable retail outlet for this sort of thing? Do they have PC World in Adelaide?!!

Guest soggy
    One of our first purchases when we arrive in Adelaide is going to be a new laptop for research purposes etc. We will initially be in the Woodcroft region, so anyone know where there is a good, reputable retail outlet for this sort of thing? Do they have PC World in Adelaide?!!

Hi,

no pc world here, I bought one in the uk to bring with me and suggest you do to, we have looked everywhere for a laptop for my daughter but she only like the $2000 plus ones, we ordered one online in the uk, got it sent to my sisters and she has posted it here, £85 for postage but it still works out $250 less than the same model here.

Simon:D

Guest Rob and Clare

If you had to buy one then JB Hi fi in the Collenades is ok, and I think there is an A+R computers in Noarlunga... but it is more expensive....

I just checked the Dell website and a laptop in the uk is 400 pounds, over here the same laptop is $1099... I think you lose the warrantly though and there are cheaper brands than Dell here.

Guest thebaddeleys

I'd defintitely buy one in the UK, we did and we brought it over as hand luggage on the plane so you've got it the minute you get here. If you really want one from over here i'd probably go to Dick Smith http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/

Hope that helps x

P.s. My husband works for the mobile network three, so if you need broadband/mobile broadband or a mobile when you get here just PM and he will do you a fantastic deal and throw you in a few freebies x Good luck x

Guest soggy
    If you had to buy one then JB Hi fi in the Collenades is ok, and I think there is an A+R computers in Noarlunga... but it is more expensive....

I just checked the Dell website and a laptop in the uk is 400 pounds, over here the same laptop is $1099... I think you lose the warrantly though and there are cheaper brands than Dell here.

Hi,

Toshiba provide an international warrenty, some others maybe too.

Simon

Guest ricknbeck

Great - that will be handy. We've got Broadband connection at our initial holiday let, but will need to set something up when we move into our rental 'proper', so will give you a shout! Regards. x

Hi there,

If you use www.lassoo.com.au

in the serch engine input lap top and it will list all the shops that have sales and will come up with the cheepest or best deals on the lap top of your choice, it is brill.

Good luck with your move.

laura xx

There is a very good local computer shop in Woodcroft. It's called Evacom. It is a family business, and has an excellent reputation. They are competitive with their prices too. It's on Pimpala Road, in the complex where Woolworths is.