Guest batleys

nursing registration help help

Guest batleys

we need to register my husband wiht the nursing boards how do we do this which way round looked at the board of nbsa and just did not get it please help what do we need to do first ....:confused:

whose applying for the visa? If its him has he had a skills assessment? If its his visa and a permanent one then you can either apply for registration first then do a modified assessment with the ANMC or do the assessment first then apply for registration.

All depends on whose the visa holder

Guest ben.karen

Hi

I believe that you may be able to do it either way (ie, register in SA then Australia, or the other way around), however, I registered with the Australian NMC first, and will register in South Australia nearer the time that we move. I needed the ANMC registration before I could apply for a 175 Visa as it proves that you have a skill in demand.

It took about 5/6 weeks for the ANMC registration to be processed, but collecting the evidence they require took weeks prior to this (they want copies of the syllabus you took where you trained, and evidence for all your work experience).

If you have not got a Visa yet, make sure that you get all your evidence for registration in triplicate, as you need the same stuff for the Visa application.

I agree, it all seems a bit confusing on the websites, and we got advice from PIA while starting out. However, we read and re read the instructions and requirements for the Visa application, and decided that this was what they wanted. I believe you can register with nbsa first, and then it is cheaper to apply for the ANMC registration as you are classed as an onshore applicant, but I wanted to get the Visa application done quickly, so decided to go straight to the ANMC - I also was left quite unsure as to whether doing it the other way would work when I read the ANMC website, and didn't want to complicate things.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Ben

Guest Django

This is the route we took.....

Register as a nurse with the NBSA (Nursing Board of South Australia) to do this go to http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/ where you will find what info you need to send them.

Once you are registered you then only need to do the modified skill assessment not the full monty. Send your skill assessment off to ANMC (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council) http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20original.pdf

You can just do the skill assessment without first registering but would then have to do the full assessment http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...07original.pdf

This is the process http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20Purposes.pdf

You don't need to be registered to be skill assessed or to apply for the visa but it does save money and time on the skill assessment front. Hope this makes sense and helps. Any probs let me know.

Pete

Hi just a word of warning for all those who are waiting to register with the NBSA - A friend of mine has just waited almost 6 months to hve her registrtion processed. If you need to work sooner rather than later after you have arrived, apply sooner rather than later.

Lindsey

Guest batleys

thanks for all the help i think we are going to do the anmc first, we have looked at the cost both ways and there is about £150 in it but according to the time scales on the site if we do it with amnc it should take about 5 months max but going with the nbsa could take up to 7months. So we are doing anmc , only one problem cannot find all his paper from the nmc so will have to get copies... the start of a long process....

I'm really confused - I am a nurse but never had to do a skills assessment. I just applied for registration and gave details of my qualifications (need transcripts), NMC details (they write and confirm that you are on the register) and work history (with reference). I also got my registration with SA within 2 weeks.

Incidentally, for the transcript from Uni, they wanted to charge me (£40 or £70 cant remember which) but if you ask the NMC to get it for you they get it for free.

Good Luck

Catherine

Guest HALT

Hi catherine i did the same but i came over on my husbands visa so i think that is the difference. If you want to come over on a visa using nursing then you need to be skills assessed. I think.......

Hi catherine i did the same but i came over on my husbands visa so i think that is the difference. If you want to come over on a visa using nursing then you need to be skills assessed. I think.......

We did come on my visa (457)!

Cheers

Catherine

We did come on my visa (457)!

Cheers

Catherine

a skills assessment is only required for pr visa, if you have a job to go to they also seem to process registration alot quicker.

Going back to original poster, i did anmc route then once skills assessment is back and visa application is in apply for your eligability nursing reg that way your waiting for visa and nursing reg at same time. They then send you a thing through saying you are eligable for registration, then you can apply for nursing registration. Hope i havent confused you by this but the eligability is to do with the stuff nmc send or anmc if you did skills assessment. Dont forget to ask nmc to send verification to anmc as well as nbsa.

I did mine once i got here over the counter (i rang to check first). Registration is renewable here every july, same for everyone. Might be worth ringing them to see if you can still turn up and get it (but only once your assessed as being eligable). I did that because it would have ran out a few weeks after we got here and would have wasted the cost if you see what i mean, depends when you arrive i guess.