Guest countdown1975

Oh my god got a case officer

Guest countdown1975

I am in shock as I got into work this morning and checked my emails to find we had been given a case officer :-) Am very excited but now a bit nervous because I hadn't expected it quite so soon.

Has anyone else got theirs? Have got 28 days to respond. Need to get my medical checks and police checks down now - if you show them evidence that one is booked (even if you can't get the actual test done before the 28 days is up) this is ok right? Any advice or info now would be most appreciated

Thanks Vicki :-)

Guest brandyslad

Hey Vicki,

Congratulations on getting a case officer, what visa are you going for? Sorry can't give you any advice as you are further on that us, only to tell you that our panel doctor told us they could take us within a week for meds, this was in County Tyrone. Good to hear loads of Irish heading out, suppose will be like anywhere else, 4 Irish people land and within 2 years there are 5000 of us in the area, LOL

Guest Sharon & Mark

Hi Vicki.......congrats to you! How long has it been since you put your apllication in and what visa have you applied for? We have applied for a 175, (application only went in Dec) and are now waiting for a co.....everthing seems to be on hold now. My two eldest daughters are ready to apply to university and dont know what to do for the best. We have used an agent and they have told us not to do meds and police checks until we have been allocated a co, although I know some people do them earlier. Anyway Good Luck!

Sharonx

Guest countdown1975

We are going for the 176 visa and submitted the application by post back in Sept 2008. We did everything ourselves and didn't go through an agent. I had been checking the progress of applications and for ages it said that they were processing from 2007 so I thought we wouldn't hear back for ages. Then on Monday I saw on this site that they had speeded things up but I didn't expect it to be that quick. My hubbie has just gone into the local garda station to ask about the police check and he said they looked at him like he had two heads and came from outer space - maybe they aren't used to people wanting to leave Ireland! I know if you are doing police checks and medicals they are valid for 12 months and if the case officers are being allocated quicker now maybe it might pay to do them

Guest brandyslad

My hubbie has just gone into the local garda station to ask about the police check and he said they looked at him like he had two heads and came from outer space - maybe they aren't used to people wanting to leave Ireland! I know if you are doing police checks and medicals they are valid for 12 months and if the case officers are being allocated quicker now maybe it might pay to do them

LOL!!!! The main Garda vetting unit for employment checks is in Thurles, and they should be able to give you the details, they may not deal with this kind of police check but would be able to point you in the right direction at the very least. We have to do ours though the UK one.

Guest countdown1975

I have to do one for the UK aswell as I am actually English. I know they charge £35 but apparently the Irish one is free - that sounds about right eh. What visa are you going for? I see the majority of people seem to be going on the 475.

Guest brandyslad
    I have to do one for the UK aswell as I am actually English. I know they charge £35 but apparently the Irish one is free - that sounds about right eh. What visa are you going for? I see the majority of people seem to be going on the 475.

Going for 475, I hope, going through an agonising wait for the sponsorship decision.

I am still laughing at the gards, LOL, imagine someone wanting to leave one of the most expensive countries in Europe if not the World!!!!!!!!!!!! We are only a few miles from the border and the price of things down there scares me. 5 euro for a pint!

Happy days the check is free, they will probably be quite quick too. Are you going to book your meds now too? When do you want to go?

Guest countdown1975

I know what you mean - everything is going up and up - I hate watching the news now cos every day it gets more depressing - loads of people losing their jobs. Hubby is a butcher and I saw there were a few jobs in the Adelaide Advertiser last week - I work in Accounts payable so fingers crossed will get something at least I can temp for a while if need be. The thing that worries me (apart from the meds esp after eating at Xmas) is the house. There are 5 for sale in our estate as it is so I think we will have to try and rent. It was frustrating not knowing what to do for the best because we didn't know how long it would take with the visa process. I'm not sure how long it takes after you are allocated a case officer and then how long you get to physically get to Adelaide.

I am in work today and really shouldn't be on the internet at all but can't think straight at all now!

Guest brandyslad

We are hoping to rent our house out, selling it would be to much drama at the minute what with people not getting mortgages then other people offering really low bids. Once I know more there is a letting agent near us and I am going to ask him about it. We are lucky in that the rental we hope to get would cover the mortgage, we only have a small house.

My brother in law is a butcher, he is only young but he would like to come out for a year with his girlfriend, we looked a while ago and there did seem to be quite a few jobs. Did you see the thread the other day on here from the recruitment consultant, it was office work and admin I think, you should send him your CV.

Vicki - you mentioned that the English police check was £35.00. Is that because you're in Ireland? Or does it differ from county to county? Ours only cost £10.00 each here (Cheshire).

Wendy

Guest countdown1975

Thanks I shall have a look - better get on with some work now :-)

Guest countdown1975

Hi Wendy - could be yes. How did you find your medicals - I just had a look at a place that does them here in Dublin and says it takes about 30 mins. Am getting really nervous now.

Medicals OK - usual height, weight, eyesight, urine specimen. Then doc tested all our joints, neck, shoulders, arms, waist, legs, reflexes. then chest x-rays for me, hubby and daughter no. 1 (other one too young). It took longer than 30 mins though but that could be because there were 4 of us. It was done all very professionally so nothing really to worry about.

Wendy

Vicki - you mentioned that the English police check was £35.00. Is that because you're in Ireland? Or does it differ from county to county? Ours only cost £10.00 each here (Cheshire).

Wendy

Hi Wendy

I don't wish to panic you but I think that you have had the wrong police checks done.

The ASPC now only accept the £35 ACRO certificates (they have your picture embeded into them) and not the normal certificates.

Their website is here: http://www.acpo.police.uk/acro/certificates.asp

Howard.

Guest hel&sam

we had our police checks done over christmas and they were the ACRO ones with the picture on, £35 thank you very much!!!!. not sure how much lee way you get on the 28 days though, managed to get my meds receipt emailed on day 26 but the results wont get there til next week. i get the impression as long as you can prove you are getting the stuff done, ie an appointment letter, you should be ok.

Helen.

Hi, just to clear things up on the cost of police checks. I checked with our agent - she said there is a new form, but the one I filled in was OK. We applied in April 08 and got our police checks done in October 08. Guess they must have been happy because we got our visa GRANTED today!!

So there's a message to us all - get on with things before they change the goal posts AGAIN!

Best of luck everyone.

Wendy