Guest gazzman

No qualifications

Guest gazzman

Hi guys new to the forum i was wondering how stringent the checks are for my occupation, i have been a baker for 5 years but have never been to college or have any certificates. Would it be possible to emigrate without the proof? This occupation is on the skills shortlist and thought it might be possible, any info would be great. Thanks

Hiya, different occupation but my husband required 7 years or more experience if he didn't have degree level qualifications. He had a diploma too. Its worth checking with the assessing authority - you can see who that is on the SOL xxx

Guest ReadyPenny

The checks are quite stringent to be honest. Proving your skills and getting them successfully assessed is harder work than the visa itself. Dont let that put you off though, once its done the rest is (relatively) plain sailing

As Jo says check on the sol for the assessing body etc and check it out for yourself

Mandy

Guest tooeasy

I had to produce all my certificates and relavent experience to gain my visa that is for an electrician not sure about other occupations but think its the same

worth having a look into tho :)

Guest gazzman
    Hi guys new to the forum i was wondering how stringent the checks are for my occupation, i have been a baker for 5 years but have never been to college or have any certificates. Would it be possible to emigrate without the proof? This occupation is on the skills shortlist and thought it might be possible, any info would be great. Thanks

Thanks to all who replied, just one thing though what is the sol and were do you find it?

Hi , you might already know the answer to your question but we tried to get in on my husbands plastering business about 2 years ago but as he has no actual qualifications we were told to come back in 6years time. Luckily we have our visa now through my occupation but we were then told the rules had changed and we would never have got in on Nathans plastering business as he didnt have any certificates.

Hope you get a good response with yours but the skills assessment part is very very strict