Guest dave

know ag ood place to buy a 2nd hand car?

Guest dave

got to buy a car tmrw, going to head to medindie to have a look round there. Any warnings or rec's?

thanks in advance

Guest cornish Busdriver

i got mine from Bi low motors on main north road at Blair athol.

most cars there under $5000.

got to buy a car tmrw, going to head to medindie to have a look round there. Any warnings or rec's?

thanks in advance

Check out threads on here i know of a couple who are returning to the uk and have got a car for sale at a very good price.

i think they are called richard and michelle or summat like that, take look back thru some of the ads.

Hope this helps.

Guest Jo&Phil

Depending on your budget ....... ex Govt cars are regularly auctioned (there was one today) off Marion Road (southern suburbs) ....... don't have exact web address but should have a link to it on SA Govt sites. These tend to me no more than 3-4 yrs old and are regularly serviced and usually low mileage .............. although if I've had one from the pool there is a danger it might have been mildly thrashed (sorry!) :o

If you're keen for a cheaper runaround, we bought a fab 12 yr old Holden for my godson when he was here - cost $1500 and worked so well that he's gone home and now I'm driving it! This was a private sale via the Advertiser ......... though it helped that my OH is a bit mechanically minded, or at least recognises a dying motor when he hears one. As in the UK, I guess private sales can be a bit more hit and miss.

Guest covfan71

Sorry if i'm being stupid but i keep hearing this word "Rego". What exactly is it??

Sorry if i'm being stupid but i keep hearing this word "Rego". What exactly is it??

Its like your road tax, but with it you get real basic insurance but it doesnt cover everything so you still have to get seperate insurance.

It varies on car type and size etc etc, we have a 4 yr old Kia carnival and it costs about $160 for 3 months.

Hope this helps.

HG

Guest covfan71
    Its like your road tax, but with it you get real basic insurance but it doesnt cover everything so you still have to get seperate insurance.

It varies on car type and size etc etc, we have a 4 yr old Kia carnival and it costs about $160 for 3 months.

Hope this helps.

HG

So is it like road tax with 3rd Party insurance. Good if you have a banger as a second car.

Guest dave

thanks for all replies/info. have now bought a motor!

best wishes,

Adelaide is Ace!

Guest guest569

well what did you get, how much and where from ?? Yes i'm nosey but the info might help some skint newbie in the near future !:biglaugh:

Guest alan smallman

Dave as someone who is gonna have to buy a car after April when we get there, I'd also like to know what you got, how much and from where. And as importantly, what was the experience like in terms of the people you dealt with.

Cheers

Alan

Guest fuji70

where from if you don't mind me asking?!! I need to get one for work and frankly...where to start?!

Guest fuji70

Are you the idiot who "made a kangaroo pose with a pint of beer"?!! Ha! Still laughing about that moron's response...good for you for the post re pet shops. Apart from being from the wrong side of the Trent, I reckon you're alright! Will keep my eye on Car Sales.com (finance is the issue for me unfortunately!)

Guest Wersal Gummage
    So is it like road tax with 3rd Party insurance. Good if you have a banger as a second car.

Not if you hit a ferrari, it only covers bodily injury you will be getting a bank loan to rebuild the Ferrari. :arghh:

Vehicle Insurance - Car registration in Australia includes basic third-party (personal) insurance. So technically you (and anyone else) are legally covered to drive any registered car without additional vehicle insurance. However... any non-personal injury costs are not covered, so you are strongly advised to take out further third-party (vehicle), third party fire & theft, or comprehensive insurance