Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ellie

Building work here in the uk..... Where is it?

Guest Ellie

Can't wait to go to Adelaide but Hubby just been laid off so need work now. Anyone need a Brickie? We are based in Staffordshire. :sad::arghh:

There's always something to challenge us, great start to the new year!

Guest Nick11

My dads been in the building trade in the uk for 45 years - says he's never seen it as bad!!!

Guest Claireg

Hi i know this is no help but the lads who my OH used to work with have had to go to 3 days a week.

Has your hubby tried a agency that deals with builders - its worth a look. Hope you dont have to wait to long, either for a job or your visa

x

Guest Ellie

It's dreadful. We never know what income we are going to get. There just isn't anything being built. Had 3 huge units go up on the doorstep and not a flippin' brick in them it all this cladding rubbish and nobody moving into them. Had a massive one built 2 years ago and still empty. OH been a Brickie for 28 years so trying to find something different to the Building trade is just as hard as he's 'No Experience'. Plus would it jepordise the application if he was employed doing something else and not Bricklaying? His work was on and off last year and we have had to really pull the purse strings in especially having to fund the Visa application. OOOOOOOOOH Why can't we be already there it's so frustrating!