Guest Curry Lover

Any mums with young kids in the Sturt/Seacliff/Brighton/Glenelg area?

Guest Curry Lover

Hi,

I'm a 33 year old mum with a 2 year old son who is in desperate need of some friends and adult conversation before I go completely mad! We moved here 4 months ago and though enjoying it, are finding it difficult to make new friends and the loneliness element has now really kicked in. If there is anyone who would like to meet up for a coffee and a chat please let me know. I'm not discounting anyone from other areas, it's just harder to get further afield as my husband uses our car for work during the day. If there are any of you out there in a similar position please do get in touch.

Many thanks

Sheena-Margot

Guest turners

hi my names dina and i have a son of 2 and a half we live north east but are willing to travel especially when our girls go back to school

drop me a line or pm me

catch you soon dina

Guest jen&ian

Hi,

I'm sure some of the ladies on here used to meet on a Friday morning for a walk and a coffee, down at Brighton, try pm-ing Donna T to find out if they still do.

Jen:)

hiya im in the north east have two children who are both back at school, would be nice to meet other mum i do work full time and have not met many mums, perhaps a meet of all mums one weekend or eve would be an idea, would love to meet up, i drive so travelling is not a problem

Hi,

I'm a 33 year old mum with a 2 year old son who is in desperate need of some friends and adult conversation before I go completely mad! We moved here 4 months ago and though enjoying it, are finding it difficult to make new friends and the loneliness element has now really kicked in. If there is anyone who would like to meet up for a coffee and a chat please let me know. I'm not discounting anyone from other areas, it's just harder to get further afield as my husband uses our car for work during the day. If there are any of you out there in a similar position please do get in touch.

Many thanks

Sheena-Margot

Guest VINDER

Hiya Sheena-Margot,

Im in the same boat too. Would definitley try the Friday morning walks and if Im not mistaken, it will resume next Friday. Hope to see you there coz theres nothing like some adult company...

Anyway, I have just sent you a PM.

Guest donna T

Hi there

Don't despair:D

Friday walks will start again the first Friday of the new school term (not this Friday but next Friday)

Meet at 9 - 9.15am opposite the Seacliffe hotel on the Esplanade. All welcome. We wander along the esplanade to Brighton, have a coffee and a natter and then wander back again - we are usually back at Seacliffe by about 11am ish.

I won't be there next Friday as I am working but Rachel (Foxychick) and others will be there.

Hope to see more people there as it is a great walk, kids, buggies, trykes etc all welcome.

Donna x

Guest Curry Lover

Many thanks Jen and Donna for the Friday morning walk suggestion. My son usually has his swimming lesson on a Friday morning but I was thinking of changing it to a different day anyway so this is the perfect excuse. Will go along next Friday to see what it's all about. Sorry we'll miss you Donna but hope to meet you some other time.

Sheena-Margot

Guest thebaddeleys
    Hi,

Many thanks

Sheena-Margot

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you but have two little ones, little girls who is one and little boy who is three. This walk sounds like a good place to meet mum's, could I walk to the meet up from glenelg north or is it too far for me?

Thanks,

Kerry x x

Guest mebourne

We'll be visiting Adelaide on a reccie from Wed 4th to Thu 12th Feb with our two boys (3 and nearly 2) and would love to meet people who have already made the move with young children. Is it ok if we tag along?

Shall I PM to get contact details?

Cheers,

Martin & Zoe

Just found this post, and we have an 11 month old now (other 2 in school) and have passed it on to the OH, hopefully she can get along sometime. Also there is a kids gym play thingymajig in Seacliffe that she goes to every Monday around noon.