Docs - quick question?

Guest brandyslad

Guest brandyslad

Just want to double check, if a document is in colour, e.g a BT phone bill, it can be scanned in without certifying? But say I write a stat dec about the 12 month relationship requirement I would have to have it certified?

Can anyone who has had Visa grant tell me who they used to certify? I have seen conflicting info and want to double check. As I know for my Skills assessment for example the post office did one and it was grand.

And, final question would anyone who has done the 12 monthe defacto part of the visa mind giving me an idea of what they included. Just at this stage now and want to make sure I have enough.

Thanks!

Guest ReadyPenny

Magistrates will certify for you for FREE but you have to make an appointment at your lcoal court. All stat decs have to be sworn by a solicitor, we did one of these too. All original docs scanned in colour do not need certifiying.

Alternative people who can certify are

GP

Dentist

Govt Employee, eg teacher, civil servant etc etc

Solicitor

Most of the above will charge you and fees vary, but your local JPs will do it for nothing at the magistrates court, but as I say ring and make an appointment, then take along the originals and the copies and hey presto all done!

We used a solicitor, simply because she is my best mate and did them for nothing in the comfort of my living room!

Good luck mate

mandy

Guest ReadyPenny

Oh, forgot to say the solicitor charged us £10 for stat dec as this had to be done at their office and stamped with their official stamp, hence friend could not do it, just in case of any come backs!