Sign in to follow this  
Guest wijaya

It's question about Tax

Guest wijaya

Hi Everyone.

This is my first post, lthough I have been reading all the stuff here in the last 12 months. I am a Brit, originally from Indonesia, and now has been living in the 15 years in the UK. We have decided to move to Oz, on 475 to Adelaide.

I am a journo in London and will probably do the same thing in Oz. I am now negotiating with a newspaper in Indonesaa, to work as its correspondent in Australia. So, my humble first question to you all is do I need to pay tax in Australia, if I get monthly salary from a company abroad ?.

Wijaya

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vetasess passed: 28 March 2008

1st SA sponsored refused: Juli 2008

2nd SA sponsored approved: 10 October 2008

E-visa 475 lodged: 11 December 20008

Guest Lisajonesey

Sorry, I do not have an answer to whether or not you would need to pay tax, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much tax is???

here, you have the standard 22% plus 11% NI.. (on your lower end of salary and 40% over £34ishK)

I have applied under the 475 visa.. and am trying to work out what my take home pay would be...

Applied 18th Nov 2008 - e visa.

Meds Jan 2009...

Waiting anxiousley....

Guest Nick11

You're taxed according to how much you earn.

Not sure of exact figures.

Guest panther
    Hi Everyone.

This is my first post, lthough I have been reading all the stuff here in the last 12 months. I am a Brit, originally from Indonesia, and now has been living in the 15 years in the UK. We have decided to move to Oz, on 475 to Adelaide.

I am a journo in London and will probably do the same thing in Oz. I am now negotiating with a newspaper in Indonesaa, to work as its correspondent in Australia. So, my humble first question to you all is do I need to pay tax in Australia, if I get monthly salary from a company abroad ?.

Wijaya

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vetasess passed: 28 March 2008

1st SA sponsored refused: Juli 2008

2nd SA sponsored approved: 10 October 2008

E-visa 475 lodged: 11 December 20008

You will be taxed on all your income either from abroad or from Australia and that is determined by the amount less deductions as taxation is a personal thing, check the Australian taxation website you can calculate your tax from the form

Offering Short term Fully furnished Accomodation at Marino

Guest wijaya

Thanks everyone.

Do I need to file my tax return as a self employed in the UK ?

Wijaya