Port Noarlunga and schools

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

We've just secured our long term rental (at last:wacko:) and will be living in Port Noarlunga. I now have to enrol Kieran in year 6 (he's 12 years of age). Does anyone know of the schools there are any good? I've been reading previous threads and it seems as though everyone takes their kids to Seaford instead..which I'd be willing to do if it came to it but I'd just rather he could get to school under his own steam (on a bike maybe) in Port Noarlunga.

As previously mentioned we will go and have a drive around them over the weekend and that may help us decide. Guess I'll need to wait till they open again in order to organise any meetings with the teachers.

Just looking for some quick guidance if anyone has any thoughts on the schools there.

Cheers

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab
seaford k-7 finish at the end of year 6 :biglaugh:Then maytbe off to cardine college at Noarlunga ???

Hi guys..,that's really helpful.

I'm thinking Noarlunga Downs Primary..and that's also pretty close to Cardijin College. That primary is closest to where we'll be so fingers crossed it's ok.

Think we're off for a look at it right now :jiggy:

Defo celebrating later..big load of our minds getting our long term rental sorted..woooooooooooooooooooot!

Cheers... Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab
Hi, my son goes to Port noarlunga primary school, james avenue (only in year1)..only a small school but we like it ...the nearest high school will be either christies beach or seaford (which i think take yr6)...

Hope that helps

Jo:cute:

Hi there,

Our Kieran is starting in P7 at Port Noarlunga Primary :-) We went to see it today it's a cracker ..really pleased with the set up.

Thanks for putting us onto it.

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

We've looked at Cardine College on the internet..looks reaaaally good. If jobs all pan out and depending on whether we still live in Noarlunga then it's looking favourite at the moment..but lots of variables!..lol...we'll see.

Thanks for the advice.

Carol Ann

Hi there,

Our Kieran is starting in P7 at Port Noarlunga Primary :-) We went to see it today it's a cracker ..really pleased with the set up.

Thanks for putting us onto it.

Carol Ann

Cool:jiggy:might see you in the playground sometime..im the one shouting at jamie to get a move on.....:arghh:

Jo

• 2 years later...

Hi,we are just waiting for our house to sell and are hoping to move to move to Port Noarlunga.We have a daughter 8 and 2 sons age 5 and 2.My husband is an electrician.I was just wondering how things worked out for you and if you are still living there.How are the school and how did things work out with the secondary school ? Hope you can shed some light on the area for us. Sorry about all the questions but we are so close now im starting to panic,thanks Clare

Guest rockpool crab
Hi,we are just waiting for our house to sell and are hoping to move to move to Port Noarlunga.We have a daughter 8 and 2 sons age 5 and 2.My husband is an electrician.I was just wondering how things worked out for you and if you are still living there.How are the school and how did things work out with the secondary school ? Hope you can shed some light on the area for us. Sorry about all the questions but we are so close now im starting to panic,thanks Clare

Hi there,

Yup we still live here and have finally bought a house. Kieran is now at Cardijn College and loves it! The standard of schooling is the same if you ask me as I check his homework and it in maths it covers what was covered back in the day so that's how I'm judging it. He also enjoyed Port Noarlunga Primary too. I love the area and can't rate it highly enough. They have just refurbished the Surf Life Saving Club which is obviously on the beach near the jetty and it's just fab standing on the outdoor decking watching the sun set, having a beer with good mates. Can't beat it :-)

Good luck with your move, you won't regret it I'm sure.

Hi Clare,

Our eldest son is 5 and has recently started at Port Noarlunga Primary school. He is very happy there already and his confidence is visibly growing with every day. Our youngest has just started the kindy next door to the school, and that too is very good.

We went to see the head at the school when we arrived here in August, and she was so helpful and attentive. She spent an hour showing us around and discussing the school. We were very impressed, and more importantly, so was our son. Another plus was that they dont have a catchment area. We wanted to live in Seaford (which is a 5 minute drive away). The only possible negative for us was that the school is set to undergo a lot of necessary refurbishment work next year, the government has invested millions to improve facilities. We are a little concerned how this will impact on the children during the next academic year.

As for the area, it depends what you want from life. Noarlunga is beautiful and has so much to offer. We love the area, everything we need is within 5 minutes. It has a different feel down south, compared to the city, in my opinion. I love the city/Glenelg etc... I follow Adelaide United at all their home games, but as for somewhere to live, you can't beat the Noarlunga/Seaford area. Especially having young kids.

I am sure that others will have their own different opinions.

All the best.

Paul

Thankyou for replying,your reply has put my mind at ease and im glad to hear your children has settled.Cant wait to get out there now.So frustrating just sitting here aiting for someone to buy our house:arghh: Thanks again Clare