childcare workers wages

Guest Lulujim
Hi Alexis,

I will ask about the NNEB, I am trying to get it finished as soon as poss May/June time. I am doing it externally you can go to lectures but you are classed as an observer I think you don't have to pay for them then. I think they do do it and O'Halloran Hill, I am studying at croyden. They have a list of modules you are missing and they give you the workbooks to work through you also have to do observations and get observed on your planning. Which is easier if you have worked with a group of children for a while first, although I don't think you would have trouble finding a centre to support you doing this. Hope this helps.

Liz

Hi Liz - Thanks for getting back to me.. have only just seen your post?? :wideeyed:I will get in contact when I get to Adelaide - but good to have all the info, so mnay thanks for taking the time. Good luck with yours,

Alexis

Hiya,

I am am quite sure that the modules that you have to do are ones that aren't offered with the NVQ 3 thats why they say we have to do them here, as they have worked out what we are missing.

A main part of the extra modules is a 2 week programming assignment where you observe 2 focus children and plan a programme for those children and the group which they observe you on. So I know you have to do that as you plan within the south Australian framework. I will ask though.

Liz

Hiya,

I am am quite sure that the modules that you have to do are ones that aren't offered with the NVQ 3 thats why they say we have to do them here, as they have worked out what we are missing.

A main part of the extra modules is a 2 week programming assignment where you observe 2 focus children and plan a programme for those children and the group which they observe you on. So I know you have to do that as you plan within the south Australian framework. I will ask though.

Liz

Hi Liz

just to say thanks I went to see Jo at Croyden TAFE and she was great, I too have all thework booklets and are ploughing through them. If you fancy getting together to plan our mission statement and sort out some ideas ( as they say 2 heads and all that) let me know as I am not too far from you.

take care

Jo xx:cute:

Hi Alexis

When I went to TAFe there was 3 of us all with different qualifications.

Me with NVQ3 in early years, one with the CACHE level 3 in early years and the other lady had the NNEB, sorry but all of us have been given the Cert 4 so all unqualifed. It mainly the South Australian programming thing you have to learn, and some other stuff. Its frustrating but they do do things differently and they want you to do it their way, its a pain but to become qualified you have to.

Also one part is the child protection course, which you have to do here and also Senior first aid, it may be transferable from the UK, if it St Johns.

hope that helps if you need any more help just PM me

Good luck and take care

JO xxx

Guest Lulujim
Hi Alexis

When I went to TAFe there was 3 of us all with different qualifications.

Me with NVQ3 in early years, one with the CACHE level 3 in early years and the other lady had the NNEB, sorry but all of us have been given the Cert 4 so all unqualifed. It mainly the South Australian programming thing you have to learn, and some other stuff. Its frustrating but they do do things differently and they want you to do it their way, its a pain but to become qualified you have to.

JO xxx

Hi Jo,

Thanks for getting back to me. A shame, but not the end of the world. Can you study whilst working or do you have to complete the qualifications first? :goofy:

Thanks againa nd good luck with it all - I might get in contact when we get to SA if that's ok?

Alexis x