Sign in to follow this  
Guest soggy

Chinese assets

Guest soggy

I'm sure its a question we have all been asking ourselves since we started the migration process, what do we do with our property and savings in China? if anyone has any ideas they would be most welcome.

Simon

Guest Guest75
    I'm sure its a question we have all been asking ourselves since we started the migration process, what do we do with our property and savings in China? if anyone has any ideas they would be most welcome.

Simon

I've been thinking about this.........

To give you an idea..........

We have investment property still in the UK.

We are just under the UK tax bands but have to have a UK accountant keep the figures there.No tax paid in the UK - but all of our income worldwide has to be declared here in Oz.

I know a good accountant here if you need one.

It will depend on your visa status as well.If perm well you will be in a similar situation to us.

Unusual to have investments in China but I don't know your background Simon.

There is talk of the investment and share market in China being overvalued and a correction is expected.

HTH :)

Guest soggy
    I've been thinking about this.........

To give you an idea..........

We have investment property still in the UK.

We are just under the UK tax bands but have to have a UK accountant keep the figures there.No tax paid in the UK - but all of our income worldwide has to be declared here in Oz.

I know a good accountant here if you need one.

It will depend on your visa status as well.If perm well you will be in a similar situation to us.

Unusual to have investments in China but I don't know your background Simon.

There is talk of the investment and share market in China being overvalued and a correction is expected.

HTH :)

Thanks for the reply, I think I will definitely need an accountant if we get the visa. My background was quite straight forward up until I got married to a mad but succesful Chinese lady, she has a number of properties and a business in China, she intends to sell some when we get to Australia to start up a business there, as she has done so well in property in China we think investment in property in Australia will be a big part in our future plans, but as a tempary 495 visa holder the restrictions on property mean it may be just one investment property until we become permanent.

Simon