Jo & Steve

Bus Driving in Adelaide

Hi Matt (Cornish Bus Driver)

I'm Steve from Jo & Steve, I tried to PM you to find out about Bus Driving around Adelaide. At the mo I am a self employed driving instructor, arriving in Adelaide on 13 March. Looked into Driving istruction in Oz and have to re qualify for their licence, to tide me over until we save some money for the course, I need to work!! One of your posts mentioned that all you required was a full driving licence and that the transport company would do the rest, my questions are:

Are there positions available,

What hours and rates of pay are on offer

And is it a good job?? :unsure:

I have experience driving large vehicles in my army days but no PSV licence.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.:notworthy:

Steve

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Steve.

Yeah bus companys put you through your test but you are tied to them for 12 months.

As long as you have a PR visa and a aussie licence thats all you need.

You will have to pay for a medical $65 and your accreditation $90 but both are tax deductable.

The hours whilst training are 6am till 2.30pm and take home roughly $400 pw.

When you are out on the road take home increases to around $650pw take home and can go up to $850 - $1000 pw with overtime.

There are a lot of split shifts e.g. 6 to 10 them 3 to 7. on average you work about 6 1/2hrs per day.

Standard its 4 weeks holiday per year but you can accue upto 10weeks and take it all off in one go if you like.

If you need anymore info my number is 0424258750 or mail me at m.crocker@optusnet.com.au.

Guest covfan71
    G'day Steve.

Yeah bus companys put you through your test but you are tied to them for 12 months.

As long as you have a PR visa and a aussie licence thats all you need.

You will have to pay for a medical $65 and your accreditation $90 but both are tax deductable.

The hours whilst training are 6am till 2.30pm and take home roughly $400 pw.

When you are out on the road take home increases to around $650pw take home and can go up to $850 - $1000 pw with overtime.

There are a lot of split shifts e.g. 6 to 10 them 3 to 7. on average you work about 6 1/2hrs per day.

Standard its 4 weeks holiday per year but you can accue upto 10weeks and take it all off in one go if you like.

If you need anymore info my number is 0424258750 or mail me at m.crocker@optusnet.com.au.

Another avenue of employment downthe pan then as i will be coming over on a Temp Visa.

Not fair