Guest Dean

Regional Visa....

Guest Dean

Hi everybody,

Just thought I would say HI..

Last week my wife was rejected by AIM concerning her 60 point job, so we will have to go though a state sponsorship and regional visa.

We are trying to decide whether to go with SA or try WA, but we will then be limited to certain regional areas..

Anybody in a similar situation?

Thanks

Dean

Hi Dean

Sorrry to hear your news, what a bummer:confused::mad: but I would say dont dispare yet. you could go on state sponsorship with SA and have no restrictions on where you live, I would check on the skills shortage list for Adelaide and see if any of your skills are listed.

Its a great place and is very welcoming

Good luck

Kim

Guest Dean

Hi,

Thanks for the advice...

I am getting quite a lot of positive reports concerning Adelaide..

After looking at job searches, as there is no regional restrictions in SA, there are certainly more relevant jobs out there..

I am desperate to live near the sea, any great places I should be looking at?

Cheers

Dean

Everywhere is nice but we particularly like Henley Beach and Grange!!! Richard, my husband also got rejected from a 60 point job as the comapny he worked for was too small eventhough he's chartered and has an MBA! We originally looked at WA but found the regions too restrictive, he is now working for a large mining equipment company as Regional Supply Manager based in Adelaide and working all over Aus, and says its the best thing to have happened, these things sometimes happen for a reason, keep looking at SA!

Guest Dean

Thanks for the great comments...

It can be really hearbreaking when you think you have been rejected, but its good to know that all is going well for you guys..

I will also have a look at those areas and let you know what I think...

I think the only region we possibly will be considering is Mandurah in WA, but like you say this regional visa is restrictive in terms of employment and prospects.

Thanks again

Dean & Clare

Your story so far is very similar to ours so pour yourselves a glass of wine and read on!!! My dad was offered a job in Australia in 70's, our friends said yes but as I was v little dad said no. Our friends settled in Mullaloo and have three children of sim age to me. Holidays etc fuelled mum and dads ambition to retire out in Aus and there was only one option, Perth. Richard is a charted procurement manager and thought 60 points was in the bag no problem, but not to be....I said no, not ever would I go to anywhere other than Perth as I was looking for the easy option of having the ready made network of friends out there. After research, looking at what we have here, which by many standards is extremely comfortable, we decided that we had to give it a go. Went out last August to Perth, stayed in Scarborough and absolutely loved it....what were we going to do, everyone was down on the 'city of churches' but had never been...what were we doing? Spent 6 days in Adelaide, cried for the first one, stress and horrid accomodation and then the sun started to shine in the middle of winter, the children were settled, and we started to drive around...Drove to Unley, Burnside, Beaumont-all looked a bit old and colonial, houses dismissed as too small, what were we doing? Spent some time in the city, loved it, came back convinced that we were going to live in the West Lakes area and all settled. Mum and dad took some persuading as they love Perth so did a reccie with Richard in March. Low and behold, they loved it too, found the 'smallness' appealing and liked the climate. Richard went to the West Lakes areas again and guess what, we have now rented near the city in the area we dismissed as too old fashioned in a beautiful house without a sniff of water nearby (apart from the pool)!!!!! Can't wait to get out there, Perth will always be there for holidays and as Richard told me this morning, Adelaide feels like home already!!! Moral of this tale, whatever research you do, there is nothing to beat a reccie or even three, its all about what you want, what you need and then go for it. Told you it would take a while, probably need another glass, I do!!!!:D

Guest Dean

Get yourself a glass of wine, great post.

Our neighbours are also wanting to immigrate, he is a fitter so should have no problem, and they are wanting to go to Mullaloo, surpirisngly...

We are both going for a holiday in Oct, to visit Perth and the regional areas then Adelade.

What I suppose we have to bear in mind most of all is that we have to live / work in both areas and not just go for the holiday.

Cheers

Dean

Guest emmylou

Hi Dean and family

I just wanted to say that I was set on my move being to Cairns and was devastated when I was told that Qld were not currently sponsoring teachers. When SA was suggested as an option I was very unsure but after visiting at Easter I have been won over by Adelaide!! I'm not sure what you do for a living but there seems to be lots of opportunites there!!

Good luck with the application

Take care

Emma

Guest Dean

Well i'm a Web Marketing Manager and my wife is a HR Manager,. There appears to be a number of Marketing and HR roles in Adelaide, but not in the regional areas of Perth. I would prefer a better lifestyle and a job then struggling with no job and the cost of living, thta's why Adelaide is edging ahead at the moment..

Dean