Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jamie&Carrie

Adelaide car hire

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Does anyone know of a decent car hire place in and around the CBD and nearby subs?

Went to budget to hire a yaris for 7 days is costing 500 bucks including insurance (quote only). Is this good value???

Been on thrifty site and they are quoting 300 for same size vehicle...BUT do they quote without the insurance on their web sites and when you go to visit them they then sting you for the xtra's?

:huh:

Guest David Brown

Second day in Adelaide, trailer scraped my rental car whilst I stationery at lights, hire car company (Europcar) have taken $3000 off my credit card which I may or may not get back depending if they can be bothered to chase it and if the other guy admits fault, so read the small print and pay the insurance

Try these guys - would highly recommend them http://www.aussiecarrentals.com.au/

Lea

Guest rich

I don't know if anyone else does this but i just go to the desk in the airport and play the car hire companies off against each other...:wideeyed:

Guest Jamie&Carrie
    Second day in Adelaide, trailer scraped my rental car whilst I stationery at lights, hire car company (Europcar) have taken $3000 off my credit card which I may or may not get back depending if they can be bothered to chase it and if the other guy admits fault, so read the small print and pay the insurance

This is a good point and one we discussed at length as it will be our first time driving in Australia. So i think to get the excess down to around 300 buck is better than 3 grand should we have a little shall we say bump bump whilst getting to know the roads here....

Cheers David. ;)