Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trakki

Poor Niamh

Guest Trakki

Well out of the 4 children Niamh is really not coping with the heat, she is really miserable and now has heat rash on her chest and face. I have found a great use for the old terry towelling nappies they wore as babies. Soaked in water and draped around shoulders and laid on chest in bed are great. Poor Niamh is only 3 and has huge bags under her eyes as she is just not sleeping. The others are doing ok, once they are asleep they are fine. Joe takes ages to get to sleep but once asleep stays asleep. Any suggestions on how to help Niamh, she is normally such a happy little thing but is really suffering.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Posting in this second time lucky! Keep losing thr site!

Try making a tent over her with a wet sheet and put a fan on a stand next to it, you will be surprised how that will cool her down. I am sure Pete can conjour up something being a clever bloke and all that!!

Guest cazzie

That sounds like a good idea Sarah. Poor Niamh indeed. I hope she improves very quickly. Chin up.

Guest Im Here
    Well out of the 4 children Niamh is really not coping with the heat, she is really miserable and now has heat rash on her chest and face. I have found a great use for the old terry towelling nappies they wore as babies. Soaked in water and draped around shoulders and laid on chest in bed are great. Poor Niamh is only 3 and has huge bags under her eyes as she is just not sleeping. The others are doing ok, once they are asleep they are fine. Joe takes ages to get to sleep but once asleep stays asleep. Any suggestions on how to help Niamh, she is normally such a happy little thing but is really suffering.

Try wetting her sheet and getting her to lie on that and also giving her a cool bath or shower before bedtime will help. Or as a last resort let her sleep in the coolest room of the house then if you can, put her to bed once asleep.

Guest graandjac

dont laugh at this one but............someone mentioned putting some socks in the freezer before bed time .....in there words ...."works a treat"......let me know...????

Guest Lulujim

Oh no - poor Niamh. Have to say dreading the sleepless nights that come with the heat. Hope soemthing works soon - am guessing you've already got a fan set up if air-con's a bit dodgy? :err:

Guest Trakki

thanks guys for your advice. Niamh slept better last night, she has had wet towels on her and we bought a small portable air con unit which we put in her room which helped a bit. She slept better according to Pete (I am on nights at the mo) . I will try the sock in the Freezer thing Grahame and let you know but you are on baby sitting duty if she ends up in hospital with hypothermia!!:P

Pete took a drive to Semaphore today with Joe and Niamh and they both slept in the air conditioned car so Niamh was a bit happier, she needs sleep.

She still has the rash but it doesn't seem to be bothering her, Joe now has it on the back of his neck but he runs around like a maniac so ends up dripping with sweat!!!

Anyway thanks again and will let you know if the different methods work.:wubclub: