Sign in to follow this  
Guest karen82

475 Visa Do I need 30,000$ in account to apply?!

Guest karen82

Hi Everyone,

My boyfriend and I are planning to move to Adelaide on the 475 (provisional) regional state/territory but need to have at least 30,000 AUD in my bank account when I apply. This is meant to ensure that applicants will have sufficient funds to meet initial cost settlement. Is this right, it seem alot ?! Oh by the way I don't have any assets either!

This is where I got the info from: http://migration.sa.gov.au/centric/migrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp

Many Thanks,

Karen

Guest Lulujim

Hi - thought I'd bump this up a bit to help. We had to declare what we had in savings and get it all signed & stamped by bank etc.. I thought that was a requirement, but thought you could also do projected money on selling car etc etc? Hopefully someone else can help a bit more.... :)

Guest Lisado

Hi there

We did a projected amount - what the house would sell for, car, savings, pensions etc and sent this in and it was accepted, We had to get the documents signed by notary public.

Lisa

Guest karen82

Thanks Lisa and Lulujim for replying.

Unfortunately I don't have a car or house or anything else that I could sell so I think I better get saving !

Guest Pies
    Hi Everyone,

My boyfriend and I are planning to move to Adelaide on the 475 (provisional) regional state/territory but need to have at least 30,000 AUD in my bank account when I apply. This is meant to ensure that applicants will have sufficient funds to meet initial cost settlement. Is this right, it seem alot ?! Oh by the way I don't have any assets either!

This is where I got the info from: http://migration.sa.gov.au/centric/migrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp

Many Thanks,

Karen

Hey Karen,

What you need is a clear plan of how you are going to support yourself: when the docs are notarised, they are not guaranteeing that you have the funds, only that they have verified that you have filled in the document: BUT whichever way you do it, you need to plan for doom scenario: no job for a year etc.....in our case doom scenario looks like this:

Can't sell cars, house does not rent, no job in Oz, support family of 4 for long time.....

Calculate your doom scenario and work out how much you would need, and $30k is probably a minimum......at least your medicare is covered on reciprocal if you are from UK....

Pies

Guest Guest1495
    Hey Karen,

What you need is a clear plan of how you are going to support yourself: when the docs are notarised, they are not guaranteeing that you have the funds, only that they have verified that you have filled in the document: BUT whichever way you do it, you need to plan for doom scenario: no job for a year etc.....in our case doom scenario looks like this:

Can't sell cars, house does not rent, no job in Oz, support family of 4 for long time.....

Calculate your doom scenario and work out how much you would need, and $30k is probably a minimum......at least your medicare is covered on reciprocal if you are from UK....

Pies

I Think Pies is right as long as you state you have a clear plan to support yourself and have the emergency funds to keep you going should you not have a job you should be fine. They never asked us to prove what we had, but we did state our savings and equity even though we wont be selling our flat at this point and releasing that equity to OZ.

I think they are just looking for a honest assessment of your plans.

Guest Pies

Hey Paul and Shaz!!

Congratulations on your visa!!!!!!!! Hope you are on top of the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your weekend is as fizzy as ours was last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you going over?