sush

Adelaide Area's - Ovingham

Hello Everyone !!!

I am just this minute looking at properties in Ovingham which is near North Adelaide - Can anyone tell me what this area is like ?

Any feedback will be gratefully appreciated !!

Thanking you all

Guest pasha

going from some memory here but used to live there in 1990's - while it is physically next to north adelaide it has traditionally been a working class suburb along with manningham, thebarton and bowden/brompton nearby

it suffered for years over the uncertainty of the MATS plan (where they wanted to bulldoze large tracts of inner west adelaide as part of a huge (a la LA) freeway network. As a result little investment was put into the area.

However, the MATS plan has been officially dead for 20 years and alot of money has been spent on improving this inner western cordon now especially bowden/brompton (although there is still alot of industry in the wider area)

this small suburb is generally residential with a real mixed bag of some nice old cottages and trad australian houses+some crap architecture

i loved the walking, public transport and car access to this suburb and you could get a great house for a fraction of the price of nearby prospect

cant say about the schools but access to uni was great - you could walk home after drinking!!!

if you love golf you can walk to the public and private links across the road

you are probably 15-20minutes from tennyson and semaphore which are great beaches (i know everyone here loves the south but as an adelaide boy i love tennyson and semaphore)

house prices are also rising http://wic003lc.server-web.com/~admin417/uploads/Documents/Median_house_Mar07.pdf

hope this helps

Hi Pasha

Thanks for your feedback !!

So the area is ok then ?

But one thing for sure the prices are rising !! I just want to get on the property ladder quick !

Thanks again

Sush

Guest pasha

hi

i think the area is good, although when i lived there it was during the uni days so if anyone was making noise etc it was us!!! i am also slightly biased because unlike quite a few people here i like inner/middle ring adelaide and will admit when growing up if anyone lived north of grand junction road or south of marion shopping centre they were in the sticks!!

i also forgot that planes sometimes come over head (along the north adelaide) flight path but they did not botherme too badly - it is much worse at mile end

Guest Russfamily

ive heard that north Adelaide is a well to do area mainly because most of the high earners live there, ie doctors who work in the nearby hospitals

Guest Ovinghamcats

Ovingham and its western and northern surrounds are traditionally working class with the east more white collar. Ovingham is a great place to live and has a fantastic little community club at Cane reserve on churchill Rd. Defiently check it out

Guest scmercer

Hi

I lived really close to there in Renown Park for a while. It is a good location as really close to North Adelaide and the City and my children went to a fantastic childcare centre near there in Brompton. The house prices do seem to be rising there, we sold our house there really easy and they seem to be increasing all the time. Also easy train and bus route to the City.

Guest Ovinghamcats

You must be thinking of the other side of the railway tracks. Hanson Rd is where that action is