Only 1 week to go!!!!

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Guest Rachel & Jeff

At last nearly 2 years after starting the visa application we are finally going to be leaving UK next Monday. 10pm Qantas flight from Heathrow.:D

I'm so excited even though I know it's not the best time to be doing this. We are both leaving very secure jobs in the UK and are slighlty concerned how long it will take to get new ones although from reading other posts I'm glad that we're on a permanent visa.:unsure:

My heart is definately winning out over my head on this but having finally managed to sell my house I just couldn't wait any longer.:nah:

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Rachel

Guest thebaddeleys
At last nearly 2 years after starting the visa application we are finally going to be leaving UK next Monday. 10pm Qantas flight from Heathrow.:D

I'm so excited even though I know it's not the best time to be doing this. We are both leaving very secure jobs in the UK and are slighlty concerned how long it will take to get new ones although from reading other posts I'm glad that we're on a permanent visa.:unsure:

My heart is definately winning out over my head on this but having finally managed to sell my house I just couldn't wait any longer.:nah:

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

WOW....i bet you feel like screaming with excitement!!!!

I think certain industries are being affected more than others over here, so I guess if you work in a secure industry you will find jobs no problem! What industry do you both work in?

Congratulations on selling your house.. how did you manage that one, I wish we could have sold ours but we have ending up having to rent it out!

Good luck and have a safe journey, the sunshine is definitely here waiting for you (hope you like it HOT!)

Takecare,

Kerry x x

Guest BAZnDAF
We are both leaving very secure jobs in the UK and are slighlty concerned how long it will take to get new ones although from reading other posts I'm glad that we're on a permanent visa.:unsure:

Rachel

I know the feeling about the job situation, I am really scared about that, I have enquired about it to agencies but no one is interested untill I finally get there, which for me is a bit late! would rather some kind of feedback from them.

But good luck on the journey ahead. I hope you find work quickly.

Barry

Guest The Pottertons

Good Luck Guys- as we are still in the snowy UK will look forward to your progress reports on the jobs front!!!!!!!!!!! Safe journey to you all! Yvonne x

I hope it will be worth the long wait for you. 2 years is a long time to wait for something. Hats off to you guys. At least it should be a little cooler for you on arrival. I would have hated to arrived during the last week and do all the running around in silly heat.

Good luck

Pete

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Thanks for the good wishes.

I'm hoping it's cooled off a little or will be a real shock to the system considering how cold it is here this week. I much prefer hot though.

Don't ever want to scrape the ice off my car again!:arghh:

Kerry

Yes we were lucky with the house in the end but it did take 15 months. We just couldn't afford to take the renting option so had to wait however long it took.

Jeff is a welder/boilermaker and I've noticed loads of those on here so hope there are some jobs left.

I have worked in government all my life (the department that is now on a recruitment drive to cope with rising unemployment):wideeyed:so I know I'll have to do something completely different.

Rachel

Guest graandjac

;)Now take a deep breath and let the fun begin, the past few years will seem like a breeze, the hard work now begins. Dont worry not trying to put you off just be flexible and prepard to (maybe) take a step back to start with . But its all worth it in the end, good luck

Hi there Rachel,

We are also flying out Monday from Heathrow, on the tea time flight with singapore airlines!

We too wondering about jobs etc but I suppose if you never do it, you will never know!

Be nice to leave this snow! Thats if flights are still running from Heathrow!!!

Have a good flight:D

Susan

Rachel

Hi Rachel and Jeff,

We will be in Adelaide for 2 weeks just getting the official stamp on our visa for now.

It would be great to meet up with some people, myself and my wife and our 3 kids.

We have already heard and hope to meet up with a great couple in West Lakes so please also get in touch and meet for a beer if you like too.

We are arriving Feb 15th for 2 weeks.

Take care, and have a great trip over there.

Geoff and Shell + kids.