Guest surfseekers

do kids need hep b jab to register for schools

Guest surfseekers

Hi,

First time here, so be patient with me please!

We are flying out on Feb 25th and I'm now beginning to stress over schools as I've been told that kids need to have a hepatitis B jab before they are able to begin school.

Is anyone able to confirm (or even better, deny) this please. Not sure that I need yet another thing to be worrying about, but getting our 7 year old into school is something I can't put off.

Looking forward to getting away from the snow.

Hi,

First time here, so be patient with me please!

We are flying out on Feb 25th and I'm now beginning to stress over schools as I've been told that kids need to have a hepatitis B jab before they are able to begin school.

Is anyone able to confirm (or even better, deny) this please. Not sure that I need yet another thing to be worrying about, but getting our 7 year old into school is something I can't put off.

Looking forward to getting away from the snow.

dont know if you need it for school but when we came here my son was 3 and i was told he needed Hep b.....also if you apply for family tax benefits you have to be complete with there immunisations.....best thing to do is make sure you bring your kids red (birth) book with you and take it to a GP when you get here, the nurse will cross ref with the immunisation list and give them any top up they need. :chatterbox:..this website might help www.cyh.com

Hope that helps

Jo:cute:

Guest Django

Both Jack and Sophie started school here without having had the Hep B jab. They have had it since but no mention of it by the school.

Pete

Guest surfseekers

Thank you so much for your help with this. It means it is one less thing to stress about in our last couple of weeks here. Much appreciated:notworthy:

yep you can send your kids to school here without them having any vaccinations. It's your choice, however as above family allowance will require them.