Sign in to follow this  
Guest gypsy

Any Opportunities ? - for Laboratory assistants, Chemists, Quality control inspectors

Guest gypsy

icon4.gifLaboratory assistants, Chemists, Quality control inspectors

Hi to all,

Any idea on opportunities for Laboratory assistants, Chemists, Quality Control Inspectors ?. Advice from those who are on related jobs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

Guest cbeeb

am a chemist, worked for pharmaceutical companies in ireland, working as petroleum chemist here. There are a few but they are not great paid. If you want to ork in food a few more chicken plants always looking for quality people(not my thing) jobs are fewer but a few good ones come up. not alot of pharma in Adelaide is hospira one plant used to be called Mayne also hamiltons that do sunscreen. Amdel contract testing. Intertek contract petroleum testing. Really depends where your specialities lie. SA water seem like good employers but hard to get into.Anything else ask

Guest Miles

Thank you for answering here and in parallel thread cbeeb!

This is a huge move from pharmaceutical to petroleum chemistry. What were the skills you had in pharmacy that helped be employed with petroleum company? May I suppose it was mainly chromatography? If so, could you say what kind of?

I am now hplc-ms analyst in food QC lab and going to have training in gc-ms to get more skills.

Previously I worked as chemical engineer in oil and gas engineering company. May you tell please, what the “more complex” analyses are? Like residual H2S determination in visbreaking tar according to ASTM, full fractional analysis of oil, chromatography?