Guest bobbyjo

aqf III

Guest bobbyjo

hi ! wonder if anyone can give me info on obtaining aqf III, looks like we will have to do it as hubby doesnt have any quals!

Bit complicated but he is going as solid plasterer, hes currently working as a concrete finisher but keeps his hand in at weekends with the plastering. Is this a work place assesment and if so, for how many days and does it have to be at your main place of work or could it be done at one of his 'one off' jobs? Is there an exam at end, how long does it take and any idea how much it costs roughly? any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Hi I have just seen your thread and wonder if you found anything out. My son is a solid plasterer and has been for 7 years but trained via a self employed local company so doesnt have and qualifications. Do you know of a course in the UK which will give him his qualifications to enable him to obtain his TRA.

Failing that we could look within Adelaide for when he visits us

Thanks

Guest bobbyjo

Hi,

We just used master builders, it was just an awful lot of form filling, followed by an assesment done over the computer!! I think the cost was about 1,200, but we did it all through our agent.

If you want any more info, please feel free to contact us and we will help in any way we can.

Jo

Hi I have just seen your thread and wonder if you found anything out. My son is a solid plasterer and has been for 7 years but trained via a self employed local company so doesnt have and qualifications. Do you know of a course in the UK which will give him his qualifications to enable him to obtain his TRA.

Failing that we could look within Adelaide for when he visits us

Thanks

Yeah if you could give me some more info that would be great. I had heard that there was a practical assessment you had to undergo which was quite pricey but not sure how you find out where the assessment centres are.

Once you did the online assessment did you still have to apply to TRA?

Thanks again

Guest bobbyjo

Hi,

We were under the impression that someone would come out to Garys workplace and assess him, but they just set up a link on the computer. Basically we were told that Gary would possibly need to have a few tools with him to show (wasnt asked for them), then the assessor just went quite indepth about the answers given on the form and asked to elaborate on them. My hubby does not really like tests/exams/assessments, in his words he is a 'doer' not a talker, but he found it all very straight forward and easy. We didnt have to go anywhere for a practical assesment, that was it, just form filling and assesment via computer link. Once we had passed AQF we then had to apply to TRA stating AQF pass reference.

Hope this helps, anything else will ask Gary to try and remember!!!

Jo

Yeah if you could give me some more info that would be great. I had heard that there was a practical assessment you had to undergo which was quite pricey but not sure how you find out where the assessment centres are.

Once you did the online assessment did you still have to apply to TRA?

Thanks again

Guest Den

Hi I used a site called Australian Skill Assessment. They helped me gain an AQF III in screen printing and have now been passed by TRA just waiting for new state sponsor list. You will need evidence and ref for your trade. Try this link www.australianskillassessments.com

Hi Jo

Have checked out the website and this seems to be just what we were looking for. Have emailed them. With getting the AQF 3 did you still have to do submit a ridiculously long winded TRA question 8 on your appliation.

Thanks for the info, have you got your visa yet?

Guest Den

Hi Andi

No not got visa yet we have had a long haul our agent went backrupt july 1st.

At the moment I am trying to get work sponsorship but I am in catch 22 situation no visa no

job. So if anybody out there requires a screen printer with 25 years experience hear I am.

Hi Den

I didnt realise state sponsorship had been affected too but i suppose if you need it to get to the top of the visa list there will be more people applying.

Hold in there, the state sponsorship was our easiest part and visa wasnt too long either think about 4 and 6 weeks. The TRA was our worst part and took about 18months.

Good luck