Hayshake

Inch Long Ants

Just a warning to every body, my wife sat down on our sofa yesterday, put her arm down, and was duly stung or bitten by an inch long soldier ant. We live in the city, and have seen the odd inch long about, but was surprised to get done by one.

She was quite uncomfortable at first as it was very painful, so I started to research the possible effects, which could be quite horrific, according to the internet. I finally found a site which said that generally the sting is like a wasp or bee sting, and should not be dangerous, but keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse or loss of breath occurs, then to get medical help.

It came up red for an area, and is still a bit red, 24hrs later, but appears to be getting better.

This may help anybody else who gets stung.

Just a warning to every body, my wife sat down on our sofa yesterday, put her arm down, and was duly stung or bitten by an inch long soldier ant. We live in the city, and have seen the odd inch long about, but was surprised to get done by one.

She was quite uncomfortable at first as it was very painful, so I started to research the possible effects, which could be quite horrific, according to the internet. I finally found a site which said that generally the sting is like a wasp or bee sting, and should not be dangerous, but keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse or loss of breath occurs, then to get medical help.

It came up red for an area, and is still a bit red, 24hrs later, but appears to be getting better.

This may help anybody else who gets stung.

We have a friend who got bitten by one he says it was very very painfull, you just have to watch these things as people react different to bites it seems.

Oh and btw were metric here and they are called 25.4 mm ants ;)

Guest Jamie&Carrie

I bombed the unit a few days ago and I just bought today some Mortein outdoor surface spray...all the door and window frames including gaps under outside doors are getting nuked!

As with any bite or sting its possible to get an allergic reaction to anything even an ant bite... hope the wifey does alright mate. I'm sure she'll be fine.

Came across this post as I was looking at ant bite stuff on the internet and google brought this up first...

I was bitten this morning by one of those big suckers and my god my toe hurts. My fault probably for standing in the grassy area in my daughters school!

I know it's not a spider bite because I remember looking down and seeing a big fella (ant) crawling on my foot so sure it's an ant bite.

Got an ice pack on it now and it's helping to take the pain away.

Z x